Muscle/Music help

Watch
athena5967
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
for any piano players out there (or anyone who can help!) i tore a muscle in my arm and it was out of commission for a full 4/5 months. ive had to learn to write again and everything. Anyway, i though i was back to normal but now im trying to play certain parts of pieces and i cant seem to play trills or fast paced scales.

*injury occurred beginning of february and i started using my arm again in late may/june

for trills my fingers just dont move fast enough all the time, and for scales (like sonata in c kinda pace) my muscles just lock up and hurt.

any tips on how to get over this? im genuinely so close to tears i dont know what i’ll do if i have to stop another thing i love because of my body just falling apart lmao
Isabel Steele
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi I'm a pianist and having been playing for 11 years - I electrocuted my thumb and index finger 2-3 years ago. For trills I just practiced them very slowly but it did take a couple of months to get back to normal. Same with scales. Hope this helps.
P.s if it hurts take a rest don't power through it.
Last edited by Isabel Steele; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
19.08%

Watched Threads