why aren't they showing olympics climbing on bbc iplayer?

Watch
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i'm so annoyed they aren't broadcasting the climbing . Totally useless IOC and BBC. I hear streams in canada and australia are available if you have vpn, but nothing in the uk!?! just ******** in my opinion!
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Coverage has been terrible this year. They used to let you flick through about 8 different sports all happening simultaneously. Now the BBC seems to only have max 2 streams at one time.

Just very poor unfortunately, I used to like flicking through, then again im only watching the very start & end of the day this year with the Japenese time difference.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Coverage has been terrible this year. They used to let you flick through about 8 different sports all happening simultaneously. Now the BBC seems to only have max 2 streams at one time.

Just very poor unfortunately, I used to like flicking through, then again im only watching the very start & end of the day this year with the Japenese time difference.
Agree, it's utter garbage. It was way better in rio and london. they got it wrong this time around.
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)

Just very poor unfortunately, I used to like flicking through, then again im only watching the very start & end of the day.
This would be because Discovery bought up all the rights - the BBC couldn't compete with the ££. They have to legally show so much through a free channel so BBC have been used for reach, but yeah the rest is behind a paywall.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paralove)
This would be because Discovery bought up all the rights - the BBC couldn't compete with the ££. They have to legally show so much through a free channel so BBC have been used for reach, but yeah the rest is behind a paywall.
In the UK?

Is this available on Sky?
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
Paralove
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
In the UK?

Yep.

It may well be included as part of a Sky subscription, but we only use Freeview so wouldn't know. The online subscription for Discovery+ is £6.99/month.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
In the UK?

Its the same across the whole of Europe, Discovery can dictate what each broadcaster can show

Money above all else for the IOC it seems this year
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Its the same across the whole of Europe, Discovery can dictate what each broadcaster can show

Money above all else for the IOC it seems this year
Yea looks like eurosport are airing the discovery stuff in the UK

It’s not surprising, it’s the way the word works. Just wish i had realised earlier.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe they were afraid of this mobile suit a transformer

Last edited by quasa; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads