My female best friend wants so much attention from me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i’m a guy and she’s probably my best friend as we tell each other everything. Only recently we became this close, probably like a month now.

Anyway she wants so much attention from me it’s crazy, like sometimes i’m genuinely busy and can’t reply on my phone for a few hours but they get shes gets kinda weird with me. I tell her I was busy and can’t talk to you 24/7 and she’s like it’s fine but I can tell by the way she acts after she’s annoyed and it annoys me sometimes too that she does this. Tbh iv never had a female best friend before so is this normal?
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not all girls will be like this. Maybe tell her when you're not busy?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
Not all girls will be like this. Maybe tell her when you're not busy?
I’m not busy most of the time because it’s summer atm, but when I am she gets annoyed
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Either make her your girlfriend or tell her you're not her boyfriend.

It's a friendship yet she she feels entitled to "boyfriend/talking stage" benefits. You need to man up and establish boundaries.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Yes it is time to give her the friend zone speech or take it to the next level, which would be going out on a date and making out with her which is what she probably wants.
hormistonx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You just gotta set some boundaries. Don't be shy of telling her that you are just friends. Nothing more and nothing less. As a girl, you need to hear the truth sometimes. If she goes all piss arsey about it, its okay, let her have a strop. Maybe she's crushing on you and thinks you feel the same because you haven't told her different it you understand<3x
sunshine774
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's not normal. She seems clingy for sure.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If she has no friends to talk to then it’s expected, and it’s much more likely that she catches feelings for you.

It’s quite common. But not normal.

She will eventually get over you. I wouldn’t say that you should confront her, just tell her that you’re busy.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads