The Student Room Group

should i get the vaccine if i never leave room ?

only go out for groceries. I live in pure isolation, therefore is it a must for me to do so?
You don't have to, purely your choice.
You don't have to get the vaccination, but if you're worried about the virus I would. If you have any interactions with others you'll get coronavirus eventually. 66% of people hospitalised in New York last year were shielding at home, and there was this unfortunate bloke last week https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/tragedy-agoraphobic-man-33-who-21150485
Original post by bvllvh
only go out for groceries. I live in pure isolation, therefore is it a must for me to do so?

Hi there!

Getting a vaccination is your own personal choice, and you should make the judgement based upon impartial, well informed scientific advice. For anyone, even those who are mostly alone there are many benefits of vaccination, it is there to protect yourself as well as others. So even if you are only going out for groceries then you are in contact with others, so there would be a reduction in risk by you getting vaccined. Furthermore, if you plan to do any international travel then getting the vaccine will be essential to travel.

But remember it is a personal choice - so think about it and make your own decision in your own time :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by bvllvh

Can you really live in pure isolation? Going out for groceries will put you into contact with people. Won't you have to see other students in lectures or is your course going to be fully online? What about having fun, joining clubs and pursuing hobbies?

Living in pure isolation seems like a sad and lonely life tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending