Everything is getting to me.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My predicament with uc and money is getting too much for me. Covid well has basically ruined my plan for after university because restrictions will be in place for several years according to scientists. Money is just getting to me money problems. Yes I know I have a roof over my head and yes there are a lot of people in worse conditions than I am. But I'm losing sleep over my problems. I try to fix them but I can't. No one really to turn to.

Why bother with life!
Mr Rob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Likewise. But money is something literally everyone frets over at some point, and for many it's the defining stress of their entire lives. Break down your income and outgoings - dates etc. Call some places ask them if you can change the date the debit goes out. Be savvy and resourceful with utilities and food costs. Cut out unnecessary luxuries. Re-evaluate your employment situation, see if you can get into something that pays better.

Realistically we all make it way more complicated than it is. So unless you're sitting on CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcy - your pathway to some semblance of financial freedom is easily mapped.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mr Rob)
Likewise. But money is something literally everyone frets over at some point, and for many it's the defining stress of their entire lives. Break down your income and outgoings - dates etc. Call some places ask them if you can change the date the debit goes out. Be savvy and resourceful with utilities and food costs. Cut out unnecessary luxuries. Re-evaluate your employment situation, see if you can get into something that pays better.

Realistically we all make it way more complicated than it is. So unless you're sitting on CCJs, IVAs or bankruptcy - your pathway to some semblance of financial freedom is easily mapped.
I get what you mean i mean that if I talk to the jc they can't take any money from me as I would be bankrupt. They can suspend my payment but honestly I don't want that and that would be extremely unfair because of my situation and I'm not trying to hide anything from them it's just I'm in financial distress and I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (14)
14.43%
I need help researching courses (8)
8.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.19%
I need help with my personal statement (40)
41.24%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
23.71%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.06%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.12%

Watched Threads