would you decline a job if you were offered after a trial

Watch
Anon346775
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
that is minimum wage and you didn’t originally want?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re on jobseekers you don’t have that luxury. If you’re not why did you apply to a job you don’t want?
Anon346775
Rep:
?
i’m not on job seekers, i’m on Universal credit forced into doing a 6 month placement that the government created with any company and only took it because its from home, I am on trial and 3 months later, will be told if they will give me a full time position or not
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends if I had other options. If not I would take take the job until I found soemthing I wanted to do
Anon346775
Rep:
?
(Original post by flamingolover)
It depends if I had other options. If not I would take take the job until I found soemthing I wanted to do
would it mean I am stuck at minimum wage (because I can’t do an apprenticeship or anything and work my way up if I have a permanent job)
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
would it mean I am stuck at minimum wage (because I can’t do an apprenticeship or anything and work my way up if I have a permanent job)
It depends on if the job has job progression or not. But still I’d rather be working whilst I look for an apprentiship or something to apply to. You can always quit your job once you’ve found soemthing better but if this job was my only option then I would absolutely take it
Anon346775
Rep:
?
(Original post by flamingolover)
It depends on if the job has job progression or not. But still I’d rather be working whilst I look for an apprentiship or something to apply to. You can always quit your job once you’ve found soemthing better but if this job was my only option then I would absolutely take it
I guess it is better to have something rather than nothing.

Thanks for the advice
flamingolover
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anon346775)
I guess it is better to have something rather than nothing.

Thanks for the advice
Yeah that’s my attitude. It means you can earn money whilst looking for something better.

Good luck hope it all works out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed