DS76
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently applied to a graduate design job and for the application process we were given two tasks. There was so much information, but I worked hard and I completed the tasks on time and before the deadline.

So I emailed the work to the project manager a couple of hours ago today and as I re-read the brief , I realised I put the work on the wrong format. They required the work to be put as a pdf, whereas I put it as a jpeg.

I am going to email the work on the correct format to the pm tomorrow but I am worried that I won't the job, because I sent them the work twice.

I've worked so f****** hard in looking for graduate design job, i've been through a similar process loads of times where I would design something and they don't like it because there are 'stronger candidates'.

Do you think I still have a chance , just worried I wont get the job

Any advice
Thanks
Last edited by DS76; 1 month ago
Mr Rob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's always worrying when you notice a mistake, especially because your mind starts telling you that it just shows them that you have zero attention to detail etc. I wouldn't worry about it. Send the PDF with apologies (don't overexplain it), it will match the JPEG - it's a simple oversight.

Otherwise I can't console you regarding waiting with baited breath for a response. I'm all too familiar with the anxiety, and the best thing you can do is just put it out of your mind. Keep applying to jobs, and eventually something will stick, if not this one.
DS76
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mr Rob)
It's always worrying when you notice a mistake, especially because your mind starts telling you that it just shows them that you have zero attention to detail etc. I wouldn't worry about it. Send the PDF with apologies (don't overexplain it), it will match the JPEG - it's a simple oversight.

Otherwise I can't console you regarding waiting with baited breath for a response. I'm all too familiar with the anxiety, and the best thing you can do is just put it out of your mind. Keep applying to jobs, and eventually something will stick, if not this one.
thank you!
Mr Rob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DS76)
thank you!
No worries, just play it light "Dear blah blah, please find attached the corrected PDF format regarding job x, y, z - apologies for the inconvenience" or similar. No need to grovel or act overtly embarrassed, and don't use that verbatim come up with something better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.77%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
13.21%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
15.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
11.32%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (21)
39.62%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads