Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
''I used to walk into a room and wonder if they like me. Now I wonder if I like them''

How do I get this superb mentality?
Mr Rob
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As you get older and experience People™, you gradually develop a resilience and begin to care less and less about what you can offer them vs. what they offer you in the relationship. You ever wonder why old people are so outspoken? Yeah. It just happens. How quickly it happens depends on what social confrontations or bumps in the road you experience, as this speeds up the process. But another means is trying to step back and look at people and understand, that we are all just fellow humans, running a similar rat-race through life. You learn to stop putting people on a pedestal and get over the thirst for social acceptance or worth among the clique - which ironically usually ends up making you more appealing for them to bring you into the fold.

Think twice about your behaviour, actions or words. Pause before responding - take the time to step back and take a leap into a different direction that is more true to how you really feel (dependent on the situation). Stop apologising for everyone else or things out of your control. Take risks to speak your mind and expose a bit of that confrontational nature that we all have, but often conceal. Eventually after some practice you'll get the hang of it and know what to say and how to say it without making yourself a victim, or in need of validation, but a refined communicator that knows how to carry themselves.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
To develop this mindset all you simply need to do is think very highly of yourself.

This could be through many different ways… whether you’re very attractive, rich popular etc, it doesn’t even have to be any of these superficial things just things that make you admire yourself more than anyone else and then the mindset will come naturally.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Mr Rob)
As you get older and experience People™, you gradually develop a resilience and begin to care less and less about what you can offer them vs. what they offer you in the relationship. You ever wonder why old people are so outspoken? Yeah. It just happens. How quickly it happens depends on what social confrontations or bumps in the road you experience, as this speeds up the process. But another means is trying to step back and look at people and understand, that we are all just fellow humans, running a similar rat-race through life. You learn to stop putting people on a pedestal and get over the thirst for social acceptance or worth among the clique - which ironically usually ends up making you more appealing for them to bring you into the fold.

Think twice about your behaviour, actions or words. Pause before responding - take the time to step back and take a leap into a different direction that is more true to how you really feel (dependent on the situation). Stop apologising for everyone else or things out of your control. Take risks to speak your mind and expose a bit of that confrontational nature that we all have, but often conceal. Eventually after some practice you'll get the hang of it and know what to say and how to say it without making yourself a victim, or in need of validation, but a refined communicator that knows how to carry themselves.
thank you
(Original post by Anonymous)
To develop this mindset all you simply need to do is think very highly of yourself.

This could be through many different ways… whether you’re very attractive, rich popular etc, it doesn’t even have to be any of these superficial things just things that make you admire yourself more than anyone else and then the mindset will come naturally.
thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.79%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.23%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (68)
26.88%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.58%

Watched Threads