Jackcook0063
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi - I’m in a bit of a pickle. Long story short I’ve realised I’ve made completely the wrong choice with my house mates going into my second year of uni. There’s just a few that indirectly affect my confidence so much just by being around them and associated with them, I know it sounds dumb but I can’t explain it and I can’t seem to get over it and I’ll be moving in next month some time - I’ve known this for some time but haven’t known what to do as I can’t find a way out without completely becoming enemies with them, which I don’t want to do as I still like them as friends I just can’t live with them, and were in the same community with loads of mutual friends and pissing them off could lead to me losing some of my actual best friends.But I still just feel like I can’t live with them, it affects my mental health in such a negative way. So i need help - what is a way or a kind of excuse as to why I can’t live with them that I can say to why I have to find a replacement tenant (and then later find somewhere else to stay whilst it not being a secret that I’m there as I’ll still see them around and want to be on good terms)?? I know it sounds crazy, but I’m sure so many people have been in similar situations to this and found a way to fix their situations. HELP!
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Say you've had an unexpected financial problem and consequently it's out of your budget.
Jackcook0063
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Nobody2u)
Say you've had an unexpected financial problem and consequently it's out of your budget.
That’s a possibility - the only thing is it’s quite reasonably priced so I’d have to find somewhere a fair bit cheaper as the replacement which could be difficult…
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
O.K so get closer to the truth and say that your mental health suffered last year and that you/ or your doctor have decided that total calm is needed this year so you're thinking about a smaller flat share ( 1 or 2 rooms)
GripMaxxing
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Issues me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed