spyhke
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
ok, so i know I'm dumb. I got a conditional offer to go do Economics at Uni of Warwick and I've never had a debit card or anything. Ive done all my student finance stuff its all been checked off and they said they will send the money through if i get my grades. but i haven't put a card in and i need to. I was thinking of making a student card but you need to receive your results 1st before anything so i cannot make one till results day. Any advice? do just put like mydads there for now and change it or wait till results day which is in like 8 days. Or just make a normal account with a bank now. HELP PLEASE lol I'm mad confused
Also do you put it so your whole student finance loan is put into your student account or what? what would you reccomend
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by spyhke)
ok, so i know I'm dumb. I got a conditional offer to go do Economics at Uni of Warwick and I've never had a debit card or anything. Ive done all my student finance stuff its all been checked off and they said they will send the money through if i get my grades. but i haven't put a card in and i need to. I was thinking of making a student card but you need to receive your results 1st before anything so i cannot make one till results day. Any advice? do just put like mydads there for now and change it or wait till results day which is in like 8 days. Or just make a normal account with a bank now. HELP PLEASE lol I'm mad confused
Also do you put it so your whole student finance loan is put into your student account or what? what would you reccomend
You need your own account details - you must not use your dad’s

If you know what bank you want to go with then you can open a normal current account now and then “student-ify” that account after results. That won’t usually change the account details just the type of account. Depending on what you want from your account nationwide or santander are normally the best choice.

As long as your bank details are up to date about a week before you are due to be paid then things should be fine - but there’s no harm in setting up a normal account now and adding those details.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads