British Army application

Watch
Ruu01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have my clinical triage call soon, but I’m not sure what info to disclose? I know you have to say everything, but I requested my full GP record and nothing about a previous mental health issue is on there. The only person I spoke to about it is my school nurse, so does that mean it isn’t on any record? Or will they somehow find it? I don’t want to tell them about it unnecessarily as I know I’ll have to appeal it and don’t want to.
Pugsly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
NHS and GP records are kept separately, so it depends, were you in hospital with your mental health or was it a discussion with the GP?

Also, was it an acute illness, or one which you were on repeat medication for? Basically, did you just mention it to the GP in discussion or was it something you needed proper help with?

It's a tough one. Most people will tell you be 100% honest, and I agree, but at the same time I can sort of see the temptation that there's no point incriminating yourself if it's not written down anywhere. If it's not on there, and you're just handing them that bit of paper then there doesn't seem to be much point in declaring it, but think very carefully about the risks around this because lying will probably get you the boot (no pun intended).

It really depends how severe your mental health issues were, as to whether it will be a medical fail, I believe.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ruu01)
I have my clinical triage call soon, but I’m not sure what info to disclose? I know you have to say everything, but I requested my full GP record and nothing about a previous mental health issue is on there. The only person I spoke to about it is my school nurse, so does that mean it isn’t on any record? Or will they somehow find it? I don’t want to tell them about it unnecessarily as I know I’ll have to appeal it and don’t want to.
If you only spoke to your school nurse, you don't have a diagnosis of a mental health problem. You only disclose officially diagnosed diseases, not ones you have decided you've got. Do you want to join the Army or not?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads