The Student Room Group

[Official] Oxford PPE Applicant Thread 2022

Individual subject threads seem to be popping up, so I thought I should make a PPE one as personal statements and tsa stuff ramps up:smile:

Optional icebreakers:biggrin:
College?
National/international?
Preferred disciplines?
Current application progress?
Anything else/fun facts

Good luck everyone :borat:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DeBeauvoir2
Individual subject threads seem to be popping up, so I thought I should make a PPE one as personal statements and tsa stuff ramps up:smile:

Optional icebreakers:biggrin:
College?
National/international?
Preferred disciplines?
Current application progress?
Anything else/fun facts

Good luck everyone :borat:

Hello! I'm not sure if I'm applying to Oxford but I have finished the personal statement just in case I do hehe. My teachers take a while to respond to my inquiries about my predicted grades. If I do, it would be amazing to study at Balliol College! I'm also a reapplicant, I got my A Levels this Summer.
Original post by cloudniineee
Hello! I'm not sure if I'm applying to Oxford but I have finished the personal statement just in case I do hehe. My teachers take a while to respond to my inquiries about my predicted grades. If I do, it would be amazing to study at Balliol College! I'm also a reapplicant, I got my A Levels this Summer.

Since you are a reapplicant, you may have Ps from the last time? What was the experience last time?
Original post by Scdlinks
Since you are a reapplicant, you may have Ps from the last time? What was the experience last time?

Sorry for not making it clear hehe, I actually applied for a different course and I never really had the chance to apply early entry last year. I wrote the PPE personal statement in the Summer with a few of the things I mentioned in my old PS. An update from last time I wrote on here though, I’m sticking with the Oxford application and I’m applying to LMH! How about you?
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied yesterday! I'm gonna focus up on the upcoming TSA :biggrin:
Original post by cloudniineee
I applied yesterday! I'm gonna focus up on the upcoming TSA :biggrin:

well done! just in time
How are you revising for the TSA? :O
Reply 7
Original post by Scdlinks
well done! just in time

is anyone using TSA Ninja bc I am having trouble using the site
Original post by NB.28

I haven’t but is it good? :O
Original post by NB.28

Try BMAT ninja- it also has TSA practice papers
Reply 10
How did everyone find TSA S1? Found it quite tough.
Original post by reynold
How did everyone find TSA S1? Found it quite tough.

Yeah same, not terrible, but I am not as comfortable with my performance as I would have liked
Reply 12
Guessed about 3 PS questions because of time constraints and made an educated guess for another one because my answer didn't match the options haha... you?

Yeah same, not terrible, but I am not as comfortable with my performance as I would have liked
Original post by reynold
Guessed about 3 PS questions because of time constraints and made an educated guess for another one because my answer didn't match the options haha... you?

Similar - one educated guess bc answer didn't match, and one which i just calculated what seemed like the most and least expensive to work out the difference because of time, instead of confirming by checking each cost. Those were the only ones I didn't properly do, but I did also have 6-10 others flagged that I wasn't confident on. I go back and forth on how confident/happy I am about how I did, right after I thought it was alright, then was devastated and sure I wouldn't get an interview, not I don't know again. It is a strange waiting game isn't it
Similar - one educated guess bc answer didn't match, and one which i just calculated what seemed like the most and least expensive to work out the difference because of time, instead of confirming by checking each cost. Those were the only ones I didn't properly do, but I did also have 6-10 others flagged that I wasn't confident on. I go back and forth on how confident/happy I am about how I did, right after I thought it was alright, then was devastated and sure I wouldn't get an interview, not I don't know again. It is a strange waiting game isn't it

When does Oxford send out the interview letters/or rejections. Any idea on time-line. Thanks.
Original post by Nick Read
When does Oxford send out the interview letters/or rejections. Any idea on time-line. Thanks.

Says on the website: mid late November, could be up to 2nd December. I am expecting around the 25th for mine.
What is the best way to prepare for the PPE interview? Are there any references available for mock interviews? Links please. Thanks
Original post by Nick Read

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/12mmjGO_emQL6K_yBnjrAwgyFLha9ZV4NH1H2C4fANgE/htmlview

i got this from the TSA thread- it's the times that each college sent out interview offers/rejections last year for each course. if you open it and take off the /htmlview from the end you can filter by column for your college and course. hope this helps:smile: i've applied for mansfield and last year they sent out all ppe invitations and rejections on the 25th, so i'm using that as an around about date it should be sent through
Exactly my feeling. It definitely could have gone better but sometimes I think I did abysmally and am in despair and others I'm fairly optimistic. For me I don't think I'll get accepted into the course and I'm okay with that but if I don't get an interview I'll be pretty sad lol
Original post by l0uisj0hnson
Exactly my feeling. It definitely could have gone better but sometimes I think I did abysmally and am in despair and others I'm fairly optimistic. For me I don't think I'll get accepted into the course and I'm okay with that but if I don't get an interview I'll be pretty sad lol

Same here. I started preparing for the TSA in July and was doing so well in practice tests (45/50) but now I am pretty sure I've already got 2 PS questions wrong and have to guess four other questions because my answers are not among the choices...I sometimes really doubt whether I'll get an interview, and sometimes I have the strange optimism like "I'll be fine as long as I get all other questions correct" but what if I made careless mistakes, which I tend to do in a stressed condition. Good luck to all of you and hopefully we can meet each other next October! Finger crossed!!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending