DeBeauvoir2
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Individual subject threads seem to be popping up, so I thought I should make a PPE one as personal statements and tsa stuff ramps up

Optional icebreakers
College?
National/international?
Preferred disciplines?
Current application progress?
Anything else/fun facts

Good luck everyone :borat:
cloudniineee
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by DeBeauvoir2)
Individual subject threads seem to be popping up, so I thought I should make a PPE one as personal statements and tsa stuff ramps up

Optional icebreakers
College?
National/international?
Preferred disciplines?
Current application progress?
Anything else/fun facts

Good luck everyone :borat:
Hello! I'm not sure if I'm applying to Oxford but I have finished the personal statement just in case I do hehe. My teachers take a while to respond to my inquiries about my predicted grades. If I do, it would be amazing to study at Balliol College! I'm also a reapplicant, I got my A Levels this Summer.
username5839248
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by cloudniineee)
Hello! I'm not sure if I'm applying to Oxford but I have finished the personal statement just in case I do hehe. My teachers take a while to respond to my inquiries about my predicted grades. If I do, it would be amazing to study at Balliol College! I'm also a reapplicant, I got my A Levels this Summer.
Since you are a reapplicant, you may have Ps from the last time? What was the experience last time?
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Scdlinks)
Since you are a reapplicant, you may have Ps from the last time? What was the experience last time?
Sorry for not making it clear hehe, I actually applied for a different course and I never really had the chance to apply early entry last year. I wrote the PPE personal statement in the Summer with a few of the things I mentioned in my old PS. An update from last time I wrote on here though, I’m sticking with the Oxford application and I’m applying to LMH! How about you?
Last edited by cloudniineee; 1 month ago
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I applied yesterday! I'm gonna focus up on the upcoming TSA
username5839248
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by cloudniineee)
I applied yesterday! I'm gonna focus up on the upcoming TSA
well done! just in time
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
How are you revising for the TSA? :O
NB.28
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scdlinks)
well done! just in time
is anyone using TSA Ninja bc I am having trouble using the site
cloudniineee
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NB.28)
I haven’t but is it good? :O
username5839248
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NB.28)
Try BMAT ninja- it also has TSA practice papers
reynold
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
How did everyone find TSA S1? Found it quite tough.
DeBeauvoir2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by reynold)
How did everyone find TSA S1? Found it quite tough.
Yeah same, not terrible, but I am not as comfortable with my performance as I would have liked
reynold
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Guessed about 3 PS questions because of time constraints and made an educated guess for another one because my answer didn't match the options haha... you?

Yeah same, not terrible, but I am not as comfortable with my performance as I would have liked
DeBeauvoir2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by reynold)
Guessed about 3 PS questions because of time constraints and made an educated guess for another one because my answer didn't match the options haha... you?
Similar - one educated guess bc answer didn't match, and one which i just calculated what seemed like the most and least expensive to work out the difference because of time, instead of confirming by checking each cost. Those were the only ones I didn't properly do, but I did also have 6-10 others flagged that I wasn't confident on. I go back and forth on how confident/happy I am about how I did, right after I thought it was alright, then was devastated and sure I wouldn't get an interview, not I don't know again. It is a strange waiting game isn't it
Nick Read
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Similar - one educated guess bc answer didn't match, and one which i just calculated what seemed like the most and least expensive to work out the difference because of time, instead of confirming by checking each cost. Those were the only ones I didn't properly do, but I did also have 6-10 others flagged that I wasn't confident on. I go back and forth on how confident/happy I am about how I did, right after I thought it was alright, then was devastated and sure I wouldn't get an interview, not I don't know again. It is a strange waiting game isn't it
When does Oxford send out the interview letters/or rejections. Any idea on time-line. Thanks.
DeBeauvoir2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nick Read)
When does Oxford send out the interview letters/or rejections. Any idea on time-line. Thanks.
Says on the website: mid late November, could be up to 2nd December. I am expecting around the 25th for mine.
Sanjay Sai i
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
What is the best way to prepare for the PPE interview? Are there any references available for mock interviews? Links please. Thanks
emily5555555
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nick Read)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...fANgE/htmlview

i got this from the TSA thread- it's the times that each college sent out interview offers/rejections last year for each course. if you open it and take off the /htmlview from the end you can filter by column for your college and course. hope this helps i've applied for mansfield and last year they sent out all ppe invitations and rejections on the 25th, so i'm using that as an around about date it should be sent through
l0uisj0hnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Exactly my feeling. It definitely could have gone better but sometimes I think I did abysmally and am in despair and others I'm fairly optimistic. For me I don't think I'll get accepted into the course and I'm okay with that but if I don't get an interview I'll be pretty sad lol
leona00w
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by l0uisj0hnson)
Exactly my feeling. It definitely could have gone better but sometimes I think I did abysmally and am in despair and others I'm fairly optimistic. For me I don't think I'll get accepted into the course and I'm okay with that but if I don't get an interview I'll be pretty sad lol
Same here. I started preparing for the TSA in July and was doing so well in practice tests (45/50) but now I am pretty sure I've already got 2 PS questions wrong and have to guess four other questions because my answers are not among the choices...I sometimes really doubt whether I'll get an interview, and sometimes I have the strange optimism like "I'll be fine as long as I get all other questions correct" but what if I made careless mistakes, which I tend to do in a stressed condition. Good luck to all of you and hopefully we can meet each other next October! Finger crossed!!
Last edited by leona00w; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (10)
10.75%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (1)
1.08%
Finding the time to revise (7)
7.53%
Finding the motivation (23)
24.73%
Getting distracted (14)
15.05%
Procrastination (37)
39.78%
Having the tools you need (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.08%

Watched Threads