Blue Badge Parking @ University of Winchester

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know if you need a permit to park at the University of Winchester if you hold a blue badge? Is there Blue Badge parking available at all?
Thanks in advance!
JemimaJ24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone know if you need a permit to park at the University of Winchester if you hold a blue badge? Is there Blue Badge parking available at all?
Thanks in advance!
As a blue badge holder myself the first thing I did was go to the university website (Staffordshire was my final and confirmed choice), and check what the requirements for parking would be.

I had to take a photo when I applied for parking and I paid £10 for the year and received confirmation of my permit within 24 hours.

I am sure that Winchester would have similar rules with regards blue badge parking, but if you struggle to find out the information you need you could always email student welfare/support services who I am sure would point you in the right direction.

Good luck and enjoy your time, I have spent months sorting my DSA, having my assessment for it and sorting out my support plan with the university because I didn’t want to leave it until I started as I could imagine it would take a while to get appointments and I didn’t want to be without my support as soon as I started and not have to wait months.

If you stuck just message me and I will do my best to help ;-)
JemimaJ24
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks in advance!
Just found this if it is of any help:

https://winchester.firstparking.co.uk/
University of Winchester
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks in advance!
Hello,

Permits are very limited at the University, but we will be able to issue a permit to Blue Badge holders. There is a parking team at the University, but it's recommended to get in touch with the Student Services team about gaining the permit initially, as this can be done in total confidence. If you have any other questions I will do my best to answer them on this forum.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.09%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.06%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.09%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
45.45%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (7)
21.21%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.03%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads