yatodaniel123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm planning to give an A level in 2 months- oct/nov 2021 to apply to universities. Mainly US universities as an international student. I did my A levels in physics chemistry and bio and got E in physics and D In biology. But unfortunately I failed in Chemistry and got an AS grade instead which was D. I took a gap year and had to take another one due to the pandemic. I want to apply to universities for the spring 2022 session now and really can't afford to take another gap year. Can you please guide me as to what. Alevel subject I should take to complete my A levels which I can do in 2 months? I was thinking of taking Thinking skills or my national language. Sociology was an option too but I'm not sure. What subject should I take? Which would also help in the university applications. Any help is highly appreciated. I have a day to decide. Any university recommendation/ community college in USA will be great too, keeping in mind an affordable fees for international students or if I could get a scholarship based on my O level grades which had 6As and 2Bs. Or taking up Sats. I could work hard and get good grades. I just was unable to study for A levels.
musicalrose
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what subject(s) do you want to do at uni? surely this will decide which a levels you do. No a-level is an 'easy' a level, so you can't just take the ones you think will be easy to get in somewhere. Also idk about american unis, but english ones do not accept critical thinking or thinking skills as a qualification because it is just so pointless. If you didn't do so well when you did a levels the first time round, I think you need to take a step back and wonder why you got those grades- what its it about this time that would make the grades any different? Are you sure university is for you?
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What musicalrose said, there is no point rushing into stuff, finding yourself miles behind everyone else and either really struggling or dropping out, uni isnt for all and noone will judge if you don't go there (some will vut it isnt their business)

Maybe try going to an FE college, catching up with some Foundation courses, take it slow!
yatodaniel123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by musicalrose)
what subject(s) do you want to do at uni? surely this will decide which a levels you do. No a-level is an 'easy' a level, so you can't just take the ones you think will be easy to get in somewhere. Also idk about american unis, but english ones do not accept critical thinking or thinking skills as a qualification because it is just so pointless. If you didn't do so well when you did a levels the first time round, I think you need to take a step back and wonder why you got those grades- what its it about this time that would make the grades any different? Are you sure university is for you?
I was just unable to prepare for A levels due to some crisis. I know if I give time to it, I can acheive good grades.
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yatodaniel123)
I was just unable to prepare for A levels due to some crisis. I know if I give time to it, I can acheive good grades.
Take longer than 2 months then
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (6)
4.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (23)
16.91%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (24)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (19)
13.97%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (40)
29.41%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
17.65%

Watched Threads