Sixth form bag recommendations

Watch
daisyblue_72
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys 👋

I start sixth form in September (at the same school I’ve been at since year 7) and need a new bag.
Do you have any ones you’d recommend? I need it to be fairly practical as we have a fairly large campus so I’ll do some walking with it! But equally I don’t want it looking… juvenile? If that’s how you describe it, idk 😂 I will be wearing smart ‘business’ attire, so something that ties nicely with that would be good.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks 🥰
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by daisyblue_72)
Hi guys 👋

I start sixth form in September (at the same school I’ve been at since year 7) and need a new bag.
Do you have any ones you’d recommend? I need it to be fairly practical as we have a fairly large campus so I’ll do some walking with it! But equally I don’t want it looking… juvenile? If that’s how you describe it, idk 😂 I will be wearing smart ‘business’ attire, so something that ties nicely with that would be good.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks 🥰
Hi!

Guessing by your name you're a girl so I recommend either an oversized handbag (plain coloured no extra patterns) or a backpack - this can be standard or can be a laptop bag if you're going to be using your laptop frequently. You might prefer a briefcase if it tickles your fancy as well. I have used all three and personally prefer the backpack with space for my laptop due to the equal weight distribution.

But to be honest, pick whatever you like - I know I have at times when I had a specific bag in mind just to arrive home with the complete opposite.
At the end of the day just make sure you don't hate it (especially if it's expensive!)

Hopes this helped somewhat,
Goodness.
ros_ieex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i actually quite liked having a handbag especially because with smart attire it looked nice whereas with a backpack i feel like it would look a bit untidy? but make sure you get a good quality one especially if you're carrying lots of textbooks. it doesn't need to be expensive, i recommend accessorize although it isn't the cheapest they have good quality handbags for £20-£30 (and atm they're having a sale!). i got my handbag in y10 and lasted me to the end of y12 but unfortunately the zip broke near the end. i also recommend getting one with clasps at the end of the handles instead of it being sewn into the bag because if it's heavy it'll put pressure on them and they might snap off and also ones with pockets inside to separate your food, books, pencil case etc. so it's easier. If you want to have a backpack they also have some cute ones! i'm not sure how big they are so you'd have to check, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.51%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
26.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.34%

Watched Threads