Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
how long does it take for QMUL to issue a CAS? does anyone know? Also if the details was wrong can we get them to reissue one for us?
Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
how long does it take for QMUL to issue a CAS? does anyone know? Also if the details was wrong can we get them to reissue one for us?
Hey there!

You can find out about the whole CAS process here: https://www.qmul.ac.uk/international...a/#d.en.622716! You might also find the general Advice and Counselling page on CAS numbers helpful as well: https://www.welfare.qmul.ac.uk/guide...it%20carefully.

If the details are wrong, I believe you will need to contact the CAS team to get the number re-issued. You'll have to contact the CAS team with the correct details. Their email is: [email protected]. As the CAS page says, once all of the details are verified by the university, and once you have verified all of the CAS details, you will be issued one within 5 days!

Hope this helps!

QMUL Student Ambassador and TSR Representative
ertorque
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank-you Ambassador for the information.
I have been accepted to study dentistry in QMUL and term starts on the 20th of September.
I have requested for my CAS number via MySIS portal and it says that I should receive the number within 5 days. 5 days have already passed since the submission and I have not gotten a reply. Without a CAS number I cannot start my visa application. I am very concerned since visa appointments in my country are now running into late September (mostly due to the on/off closures of visa issuing offices in my country as a result of Covid19). I really need to start applying for my student visa.
Is there a dedicated telephone number I can call to enquire about this matter (and hopefully expedite things)?
I would appreciate it very much for your feedback.
Last edited by ertorque; 1 month ago
ertorque
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update:
Got my CAS yesterday finally. after numerous unanswered calls to admissions, Have been trying to call them since morning and someone finally picked up my call at 2.30pm. Explained to the nice lady of the urgency to apply for visa and she said she will raise the matter with the head.
1 hour later, i got my CAS via email. All in all, it took 14 days since my CAS application via mySIS portal. so the stipulated "standard" 5 days timeline is breached many times over. Hopefully this can be improved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads