uniaspirant
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there
I had a related question and would be grateful for any advice.
Most, if not all, Unis ask for Eng Lang minimum grade 6. Does this mean, any grade above 6 is sufficient for them to tick the GCSE box (unless ofcourse they are scoring GCSEs) or will they rate the applicant based on Eng Lang grade specifically (It doesn't say anywhere that they would rate it in this way but I am wondering if they do, just like they may rate the application based on A levels, even if their minimum requirement might be AAA)
Thanks
sassy sausages
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
assuming english is your first language. You will have to meet all the minimum requirements however most applicants for medicine have 8s and 9s in all their gcses. hope this helps
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by uniaspirant)
Hi there
I had a related question and would be grateful for any advice.
Most, if not all, Unis ask for Eng Lang minimum grade 6. Does this mean, any grade above 6 is sufficient for them to tick the GCSE box (unless ofcourse they are scoring GCSEs) or will they rate the applicant based on Eng Lang grade specifically (It doesn't say anywhere that they would rate it in this way but I am wondering if they do, just like they may rate the application based on A levels, even if their minimum requirement might be AAA)
Thanks
As long as you have a 6 you should be good but do avoid GCSE heavy med schools (those that rank or score GCSEs) such as Oxford, Cardiff or Leeds.

When a university says it only requires a 6 in English Language they are not trying to trick you as they have to be super transparent when it comes to the selection criteria.
uniaspirant
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thanks very much.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads