If you significant other dies, would you eventually find someone new?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to do one of those poll things for this but I don't know how to do it.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I think most people expect that they would eventually. A lot of people do in my limited experience, especially if you're fairly young.

Personally I just don't know. I'm very attached to my SO.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I mean I think most people expect that they would eventually. A lot of people do in my limited experience, especially if you're fairly young.

I didn't know most people sort of expect that wow.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ashtolga23)

would you be ok if your SO moves on?

This is a strange question, but what makes you so attracted to you SO or someone?
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I didn't know most people sort of expect that wow.
Well yeah, it's not a nice thought but I suppose you can't expect them to be alone forever.

would you be ok if your SO moves on?

This is a strange question, but what makes you so attracted to you SO or someone?
I think "ok" is a broad term. Realistically I have to accept it. I'd want him to be happy. On the other hand, I hate the thought of that. Weirdly we have talked about this before.

Personality and intelligence are big for me. Physical attraction tends to follow.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends what the universe has in store for me.
I’d hope that if it were the other way around they’d be able to find someone to make the rest of their life happy.
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on age, if I have had children, if the children are still living at home, financial situation, if someone actually came along I liked.

I am not against doing it, just I know I wouldn't' be able to move on quickly especially if we were together for a long time....I am still getting over a crush I had 3 years ago that I haven't talked to or seen, who knows what I'll be like with someone who actually liked me back.

I'd fully expect my SO to move on if I was for some reason to pass away though and would have no problems with that, especially if our children were still at home.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Max1989)
Depends on age, if I have had children, if the children are still living at home, financial situation, if someone actually came along I liked.

I am not against doing it, just I know I wouldn't' be able to move on quickly especially if we were together for a long time....I am still getting over a crush I had 3 years ago that I haven't talked to or seen, who knows what I'll be like with someone who actually liked me back.

I'd fully expect my SO to move on if I was for some reason to pass away though and would have no problems with that, especially if our children were still at home.
I find it hard to love someone so much knowing if I was not there, I would be replaced and this love is temporary.
Little pecker
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People do it when their SO is still alive so why not
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I find it hard to love someone so much knowing if I was not there, I would be replaced and this love is temporary.
It's never a nice thought but you can't really dwell on these things. You don't have to die for their love to be temporary as they could break up with you while you're still alive. These are risks we have to take, you just have to accept it and not focus on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads