Will I get accepted into a mid-tier uni with a low 2.2?

Watch
MathsMaxMapsMats
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've basically got a low 2.2 BSc in Statistics from a Russel Group uni (University of Nottingham), which I could have raised to a standard 2.2 (53%) if I had decided to complete a resit I was allowed due to extenuating circumstances. I am now applying to a mid-tier university (Anglia Ruskin) for a related MSc course (Artificial Intelligence). Do you think it's realistic to expect to get accepted?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MathsMaxMapsMats)
So I've basically got a low 2.2 BSc in Statistics from a Russel Group uni (University of Nottingham), which I could have raised to a standard 2.2 (53%) if I had decided to complete a resit I was allowed due to extenuating circumstances. I am now applying to a mid-tier university (Anglia Ruskin) for a related MSc course (Artificial Intelligence). Do you think it's realistic to expect to get accepted?
Hi there,

Most Universities requirements are on their website so I would recommend you check before applying. If you get an offer it will usual say subject to and then the grade the university require. So definitely check the website or call the University before applying.

I hope this helps
Loren Snowden
UoP Student Ambassador
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MathsMaxMapsMats)
Both their AI-related courses ask for a minimum 2:2, so yes, it's perfectly reasonable to at least expect to be seriously considered. If they wanted a strong 2:2 or a 2:1, they'd ask for one. They don't want to waste their own time or yours.

For PG, they will likely take more interest in your personal statement/CV, so it's not a guarantee of an offer, but you'd certainly be in the running.
Max Kho
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply! This is very helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.71%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.88%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.15%
I need help with my personal statement (53)
38.97%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (35)
25.74%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.21%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.35%

Watched Threads