Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m going to make this as short as I can -

So yesterday was my friends birthday and I forgot to wish her. I’m actually pretty close to her as well. I feel so bad and guilty about it.
So today I remembered it was her birthday so then I wished her today. I texted her this : “ Heyy!! I’m so sorry I forgot to wish you yesterday, so happy birthday!!”.
But then she replied with
“Oh your so fake, my birthday was yesterday. F you. Only [her other friends who wished her] said happy birthday to me”.
Now I texted her back but she’s not replying. I thought she was a decent person. I’ve been really good friends with her for 3 years. But I hope we don’t breakup because I forgot to text her.
Am I really at fault here ?
AmIReallyHere
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I-
You are human, forgetting a birthday is very easy to do, and the fact that you still went back and admitted you forgot is proof you arent in the wrong - theres a chance she was just waiting to pick on you, I do hope she wasnt however <3
hey hey yall
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
does she wish you happy bday
were you busy

we all make mistakes i mean i wished my friend happy bday on my other friends bday lmao
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Heaven forbid anyone have anything apart from her mind! Didn't you know, Earth is still turning only due to her?

You forgot her birthday. Then you remembered. If anybody's wrong here, it's her for overreacting.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hey hey yall)
does she wish you happy bday
were you busy

we all make mistakes i mean i wished my friend happy bday on my other friends bday lmao
Yea I was kinda busy yesterday. Also yea she does wish me happy bday.
t0897
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

So yesterday was my friends birthday and I forgot to wish her. I’m actually pretty close to her as well. I feel so bad and guilty about it.
So today I remembered it was her birthday so then I wished her today. I texted her this : “ Heyy!! I’m so sorry I forgot to wish you yesterday, so happy birthday!!”.
“Oh your so fake, my birthday was yesterday. F you. Only [her other friends who wished her] said happy birthday to me”.
Now I texted her back but she’s not replying. I thought she was a decent person. I’ve been really good friends with her for 3 years. But I hope we don’t breakup because I forgot to text her.
lool this happened to me and my friends too. My friend and I forgot my best friends birthday and a classmate told me and I felt so bad so we baked her a cake and took it to her house to apologise. My friend also forgot my birthday and I did feel upset because I have only 2 friends that I'm close to but she made it up by bringing my favourite sweets and chocolate and us hanging out. You're not fake for forgetting it's something that can happen to anyone.
CinnamoneCon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I were you I will just text sth longer, doesn’t matter the contents, just to tell her how important she is! Or maybe bake her few cupcakes or buy little gifts. I believe she won’t break up with u just because you for got to wish her 1 day later. Maybe she just wants to know how much u care about her
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
No, it happens - it was an honest mistake and you apologised. The world does not revolve around your friend. Honestly, do you really want to be friends with someone like this? Always feeling like you are walking on eggshells? Maybe this was a blessing in disguise.
katarzynaxk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

you made a mistake and admitted it. Maybe she is just a little upset and needs some time and space away from you. You've been friends for 3 years so hopefully this is just a small bump in the road, i'm sure she will forgive you, just give her some space and then then try get in contact with her again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.47%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.09%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.79%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.97%

Watched Threads