bethmg
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey!

Does anyone know if McDonald’s are on 0 Hour Contracts for Crew Members? If anyone’s ever worked there - do you feel that you get enough Hours per week / is it possible to receive more?

Thanks!
iamfredf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bethmg)
Hey!

Does anyone know if McDonald’s are on 0 Hour Contracts for Crew Members? If anyone’s ever worked there - do you feel that you get enough Hours per week / is it possible to receive more?

Thanks!
Hello,

I used to be a crew trainer at McDonalds and my contract was 0 hours as I was studying at the same time. You can get more hours if you want to just say ti your manager your availability!
bethmg
(Original post by iamfredf)
Hello,

I used to be a crew trainer at McDonalds and my contract was 0 hours as I was studying at the same time. You can get more hours if you want to just say ti your manager your availability!
Thanks for your reply!
How many hours would you get on average a week - would you say it was a good amount? 😊
iamfredf
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for your reply!
How many hours would you get on average a week - would you say it was a good amount? 😊
No problem!

At the time I used to work there I did only weekends which was 16 hours so 8 hours on sat and 8 hours on sunday! I was getting £5.10 (2017) right now is more than i used to get, the hours it really depends of your availability
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

Thanks!
I worked there as a crew member and a crew trainer and yes, you are on 0 hours.
But you get a decent amount of hours though. You give them your availability when you start. When I went full time there I got full time hours. When I was part time i got the days/hours I wanted
bethmg
(Original post by Emma:-))
I worked there as a crew member and a crew trainer and yes, you are on 0 hours.
But you get a decent amount of hours though. You give them your availability when you start. When I went full time there I got full time hours. When I was part time i got the days/hours I wanted
Ah ok - I have let them know my Availability and I believe it’s FT. Would you get a fair amount of Hours per week or would there be weeks you wouldn’t get any at all? Does it work where they call you and ask you to come in or do you book in shifts?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah ok - I have let them know my Availability and I believe it’s FT. Would you get a fair amount of Hours per week or would there be weeks you wouldn’t get any at all? Does it work where they call you and ask you to come in or do you book in shifts?
If you are full time, although the amount of hours you may get may vary slightly (and may slightly depend on what actual shifts you do) you will get full time hours every week. You shouldn't get weeks where you don't get any hours or anything.
Basically they do the schedule a couple of weeks in advance. It depends on how organised your store is. They may put the schedule up either the week before (if the store is less organised) but it should be 2/3 weeks before. So you can see what shifts you are down to do. There is the flexibility to swap shifts with someone else (within reason and you usually have to get work to ok it).
bethmg
(Original post by Emma:-))
If you are full time, although the amount of hours you may get may vary slightly (and may slightly depend on what actual shifts you do) you will get full time hours every week. You shouldn't get weeks where you don't get any hours or anything.
Basically they do the schedule a couple of weeks in advance. It depends on how organised your store is. They may put the schedule up either the week before (if the store is less organised) but it should be 2/3 weeks before. So you can see what shifts you are down to do. There is the flexibility to swap shifts with someone else (within reason and you usually have to get work to ok it).
That’s great, thank you for the reply! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads