Greylemon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I wanna study degree in business and management, but don't know how to decide among this four: reading university(henley business school), monash university, Southampton University or Nottingham University. Pls give me some suggestions and I am more concerned about the qualifications!
Last edited by Greylemon; 1 month ago
SB1234567890
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A few things you consider:
- do you want on-campus accommodation- Southampton accommodation is off-campus
- if you haven't visited the campuses then I'd suggest this so you can get a feel for the place
- do you want to be closer to or further from home
- whether students view there to be a good or bad nightlife
- if it's important to you then league tables
- whether the course excites you
- student satisfaction. graduate prospects...

Hope this helps
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greylemon)
I wanna study degree in business and management, but don't know how to decide among this four: reading university(henley business school), monash university, Southampton University or Nottingham University. Pls give me some suggestions and I am more concerned about the qualifications!
Hey Greylemon,

It's great to hear you're looking to come to Reading Uni to study. As SB1234567890 pointed out, there is a huge range of factors to consider when applying such as league tables, campus, atmosphere and generally just liking the vibe. Henley business school is one of the oldest business schools in the UK and has a fantastic reputation that can help you out when applying to different roles.

Our campus is a campus-based uni which means everything is a really short walk away. This is something I personally have really enjoyed. Additionally, our campus has a 'bubble' feel to it and I always end up bumping into someone I know which is really nice. It also means that things are really close by and never have to walk far to get to your lectures.

Reading Uni also has fantastic careers service. They offer a wide range of schemes including thrive mentoring, 1 to 1 careers sessions, RED award and more - all designed to help you stand out from the crowd.

I hope this helps you out and if you want any further info on something specific that might help with your decision feel free to let us know!😊
From,

Amina😊
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Greylemon)
Read this - especially the section about having 5 choices with a range of entry requirements - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections

And btw, Monash Uni is in Australia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads