BFrench501
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This may seem like a silly question but I'm preparing for a Contemporary Music Performance and Production degree.

Is there any stationary that I need in addition to the generic items you see in almost every stationary haul video on YouTube.

I'm looking at things specific to music. Manuscript paper and mechanical pencils are obvious. But anything else I'm missing that I need for music?

Thanks
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BFrench501)
This may seem like a silly question but I'm preparing for a Contemporary Music Performance and Production degree.

Is there any stationary that I need in addition to the generic items you see in almost every stationary haul video on YouTube.

I'm looking at things specific to music. Manuscript paper and mechanical pencils are obvious. But anything else I'm missing that I need for music?

Thanks
Hi! BFrench501

I'm sorry I don't study a music degree. But I would definitely recommend contacting your course at your university. They should tell you what you will need and recommend. If not you'll be told in freshers, and if you're told in freshers it shouldn't be anything major or expensive, as that's a bit last minute. If that's the case, then I would just save a bit of money to budget for a couple of extra costs.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - official Student Rep
SyedN
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As above, asking your university directly will offer the best answer. But (although I have not done a music course) you could take the normal stuff like laptop or iPad just check what software you will need before buying either one though as there's not point getting an iPad or MacBook if the software you need for your course is on Windows only and vice versa!
BFrench501
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hi! BFrench501

I'm sorry I don't study a music degree. But I would definitely recommend contacting your course at your university. They should tell you what you will need and recommend. If not you'll be told in freshers, and if you're told in freshers it shouldn't be anything major or expensive, as that's a bit last minute. If that's the case, then I would just save a bit of money to budget for a couple of extra costs.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - official Student Rep
Thank you Chloe. I have made contact with my tutors but they aren't back in until August 10th. Hoping they don't tell me I have to drop a fortune on a high spec laptop capable of producing music as Apples are not cheap 😨

So excited to start my journey. 6 weeks tomorrow!! 😀
BFrench501
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
As above, asking your university directly will offer the best answer. But (although I have not done a music course) you could take the normal stuff like laptop or iPad just check what software you will need before buying either one though as there's not point getting an iPad or MacBook if the software you need for your course is on Windows only and vice versa!
Thank you Syed. You're spot on really. Guess I've just been impatient since as lecturer is away until next week 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.87%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.9%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.23%

Watched Threads