Rejected through clearing due to not meeting ucas requirement

Watch
Jesikins
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently applied to uni through clearing and they've rejected me because I don't have a minimum of 112 ucas points. I have more than 112 points.

They asked me to email over my certificates 2 weeks ago to confirm which I did, and then they reject me because I don't have enough points? I rang up to discuss this and they've told me they can't speak to me due to embargo.

Would they have to tell me if they rejected me for any other reason than my points but then tell me it's because I don't have the points? Im confused!
random_matt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You will just have to wait till Tuesday. Sure you met all subject requirements at the required grades?
Jesikins
Rep:
?
(Original post by random_matt)
You will just have to wait till Tuesday. Sure you met all subject requirements at the required grades?
Yes. I rang for an update last week and the admissions lady confirmed I had more than enough points and I'd need to ring on the 10th for an interview, which she said is a formality and not to worry.

This is why I'm so confused. Not even sure they've looked at my certificates at this point because it's there in black and white how many ucas points I have.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jesikins)
I recently applied to uni through clearing and they've rejected me because I don't have a minimum of 112 ucas points. I have more than 112 points.

They asked me to email over my certificates 2 weeks ago to confirm which I did, and then they reject me because I don't have enough points? I rang up to discuss this and they've told me they can't speak to me due to embargo.

Would they have to tell me if they rejected me for any other reason than my points but then tell me it's because I don't have the points? Im confused!
Hey Jesikins Try not to panic too much about this just now, although I know it's stressful.

If the uni have said they won't speak to you at the moment then you'll need to accept that for now. The best thing you can do is organise yourself ahead of Tuesday and call once their Clearing line is available. Make sure you have all of your relevant information to hand and are ready to talk about it. It sounds like you wouldn't be able to formally have an offer anytime before the 10th anyway if they want to have a short interview with you too. My best advice is to call with a level head on Tuesday and be firm but polite to the staff. Let them know what has happened so far (as the person answering the phone may have no understanding of your situation) and ask what your next steps are.

Sometimes taking conversations in to email form can also be helpful, as then you have *definite* answer of what has been said to you and you can always refer back to it.

Best of luck on results day! Hope it all works out for you!
- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does your UCAS application have all of your qualifications correctly listed?
If there's qualifications missing or not listed correctly then that might explain what is happening - your certificates are evidence of your qualifications but they need to be listed on UCAS too.
Jesikins
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Does your UCAS application have all of your qualifications correctly listed?
If there's qualifications missing or not listed correctly then that might explain what is happening - your certificates are evidence of your qualifications but they need to be listed on UCAS too.
Yes, I listed them all on UCAS too. I gathered by them requesting my certificate copies they wanted to double check them, and if they had no interest in me to begin with they wouldnt bother requesting further evidence.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jesikins)
Yes, I listed them all on UCAS too. I gathered by them requesting my certificate copies they wanted to double check them, and if they had no interest in me to begin with they wouldnt bother requesting further evidence.
It sounds like they made a mistake. All you can do is phone them first thing on results day and get it corrected.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you already have your results they should be able to speak to you and process your application, the embargo only effects applicants that are currently awaiting A Level results. If not then you will just have to wait until clearing opens at which point you will get to speak to someone in the department of the course you want to study about your application.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
14.86%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
18.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.06%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (66)
26.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.88%

Watched Threads