What's your ideal first date?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Just curious, what do you guys consider a perfect first date?
a_human_being?
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ideal - a Michelin Star restaurant, with champagne and fancy hard-to-pronounce French and Italian cuisine

Reality - I receive chicken and chips and a bottle of Lucozade, all consumed outside the local Co-op.
Last edited by a_human_being?; 1 month ago
Max1989
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First date, probably just get a drink (non-alcoholic) and go for a walk
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Drinks with a compatible guy and his dog.
At the pub or a bar close to the riverside.
Maybe a small independent indian restaurant or pizza hut if no canine pal present.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Asha_m)
Ideal - a Michelin Star restaurant, with champagne and fancy hard-to-pronounce French and Italian cuisine

Reality - I receive chicken and chips and a bottle of Lucozade, all consumed outside the local Co-op.
That is a pretty ideal date idea, but like just food and then go back home after?
Idk i felt like people would want it to be more romantic i guess, or maybe its just me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Max1989)
First date, probably just get a drink (non-alcoholic) and go for a walk
that's cute, but walk where? like just randomly around places or to some specific location, or like walk to the place where u get the drink and then back home?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
Drinks with a compatible guy and his dog.
At the pub or a bar close to the riverside.
Maybe a small independent indian restaurant or pizza hut if no canine pal present.
That does sound cute and a bit more romantic than the other people who've replied so far i guess
also i love the addition of the cute dog 😉
DoNotAskMyName
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In the living room of her house. Family members (both mine and her) lurking around in other parts of the compound / house. Some lighthearted conversation getting to know each other better.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
that's cute, but walk where? like just randomly around places or to some specific location, or like walk to the place where u get the drink and then back home?
Just a nice park, perhaps bring a dog, a causal walk is a good way to get to know the other person
Last edited by Max1989; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by DoNotAskMyName)
In the living room of her house. Family members (both mine and her) lurking around in other parts of the compound / house. Some lighthearted conversation getting to know each other better.
That is pretty sweet too actually but is that really a first date date? like i meant take her out somewhere kinda thing but yea that could be pretty cute
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Max1989)
Just a nice park, perhaps bring a dog, a causal walk is a good way to get to know the other person
that does sound really romantic and cute
also i love how you guys all just casually add in the dog bit, i swear thats soo friggin cuteeee
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anything that leads to a love making session towards the end of the day.

Why beat around the bush? When 2 people meet each other that are right for each other, they tend to know pretty quickly.

And making love - especially the first time - with a compatible partner is the joint most pleasureable thing that adults can do.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
Anything that leads to a love making session towards the end of the day.

Why beat around the bush? When 2 people meet each other that are right for each other, they tend to know pretty quickly.

And making love - especially the first time - with a compatible partner is the joint most pleasureable thing that adults can do.
Really though? Like true you do get to know people pretty quick but isn't that moving really fast for most people? Like first date end of the day? And I'm pretty sure people tend to be really nervous on first dates and they don't always disclose everything
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If she invites me round to see her hamsters
T4ch
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the best date has sex
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A pub
A cinema
Game night at home and wine
Church party or event
Popcorn and dance night
A theatre and a hotel room
A road trip
A cupcake and table tennis match night
A bingo night
A nature reserve
A karaoke and coke night
A museum or night club
Dinner and dance night
Walk and a nice old world tearoom
Shopping and food
Movie and Chinese night
Picnic
Musical
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really though? Like true you do get to know people pretty quick but isn't that moving really fast for most people? Like first date end of the day? And I'm pretty sure people tend to be really nervous on first dates and they don't always disclose everything
I don't care what most people do.

I do care about giving myself AND my date the most fantastic time possible in the circumstances.
I do value my time. And the time of anyone that I date.

I used to get nervous on first dates. I don't any more. I will get excited. But not nervous.
There will - inevitably - be loads about each other that we won't know by the end of the first day's date(s). That's fine. Almost always we will know enough on which to make an informed decision as to whether we want to make love with each other or not.

Plus it's quite easy to put the person you're on a date with at ease. You just act like a normal human being. Or at least what I'd call a normal human being.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
a gig and a pint
PotatoFruit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Go into a forest and get lost
Moonlight Rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Alcholol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads