TSR financials are not looking good

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As per Companies House, full accounts submitted by TSR for 28th February 2021, section 1.2 statement by the directors doesn't sound very optimistic either. Source: https://find-and-update.company-info...filing-history

Additional sources: https://companycheck.co.uk/company/0...TED/financials

TSR is reporting significant losses over past years. How will that affect this forum going forward?
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
random_matt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All good things must come to the end.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So TSR really is objectively going down the toilet. TSR soon to stand for This Site’s Ruined.
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Is anyone really surprised? The level of discussion on this site has slowly gotten worse over the years I've been here. I suspect many people just leave these days. Not sure what the ad and subscription revenue is like but if free users are leaving I suspect paid ones are too.
Last edited by Guru Jason; 1 month ago
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Given that there's no income statement, all these really tell you is that the company took out a sizeable loan during this reporting period. That's been known for a while. The wording in section 1.2 is standard stuff that you'll find some variation of in every set of accounts.
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Guru Jason)
Is anyone really surprised? The level of discussion on this site has slowly gotten worse over the years I've been here. I suspect many people just leave these days. Not sure what the ad and subscription revenue is like but if free users are leaving I suspect paid ones are too.
Subscription? The sub feature has been dead for years, unless you mean student reps where the uni pays for the account to be on site.
For that i cant say ive noticed much of a decline in how numerous they are, if anything they seem more prevalent
Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Subscription? The sub feature has been dead for years, unless you mean student reps where the uni pays for the account to be on site.
For that i cant say ive noticed much of a decline in how numerous they are, if anything they seem more prevalent
I meant students paying for add free but you have answered my point about them not even existing anymore.
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This has already been discussed a fair bit when RC pointed this out a couple of days ago Any website or business that in some part relies on advertising or clicks will have suffered as a result of the pandemic.
Plus (believe it or not!) TSR is still primarily an academic site and there haven’t been any proper exams for two years now - meaning no unofficial mark schemes, chat/stress threads etc. which will have impacted engagement significantly.
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Read TSR facials.

Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
This has already been discussed a fair bit when RC pointed this out a couple of days ago Any website or business that in some part relies on advertising or clicks will have suffered as a result of the pandemic.
Plus (believe it or not!) TSR is still primarily an academic site and there haven’t been any proper exams for two years now - meaning no unofficial mark schemes, chat/stress threads etc. which will have impacted engagement significantly.
It doesn't help that all debate feels stifled. I remember when you could debate politics and religion and all other social topics. It seems you can't do that now so people just aren't interested.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow)
Read TSR facials.

I imagine that would involve having your face massaged with A* certificates.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
It doesn't help that all debate feels stifled. I remember when you could debate politics and religion and all other social topics. It seems you can't do that now so people just aren't interested.
That's a good point. I rarely ever engage in debates anymore on certain topics because it just gets removed. I also think it might just be that forums in general are not as popular as they used to be. The newer generation of people are accustomed to instant notifications and instant gratification growing up in the digital age. This causes a decrease in attention span.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is actively being looked at The main issue currently is that D&CA can take a heap of moderation and there’s a tiny number of mods compared to the size of the site
Last edited by laurawatt; 1 month ago
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
Yeah ''face massages'' are totally what I had in mind.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
I just spat my drink out at that :laugh:
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by salamjakodsmka)
or
thicc sausage roll
or
the social rejects
Can't be thicc sosij roll because that's actually nice, I'm eating one right now from M&S actually.
Guru Jason
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is actively being looked at The main issue currently is that D&CA can take a heap of moderation and there’s a tiny number of mods compared to the size of the site
There used to be a time when these debates would be 200 pages long. Now my feed is full of "boys vs girls mk x"
that doesnt intrest me or most people. Tis site needs to take a step back 5-10 years to when it was popular.
flaurie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There used to be a time when these debates would be 200 pages long. Now my feed is full of "boys vs girls mk x"
that doesnt intrest me or most people. Tis site needs to take a step back 5-10 years to when it was popular.
The forum games threads (BvG, CTAM etc.) are actually pretty popular
You’re more than welcome to set up threads in D&CA
EierVonSatan
Report 1 month ago
The forum games threads (BvG, CTAM etc.) are actually pretty popular
You’re more than welcome to set up threads in D&CA
True but those are full of spammy, low quality posts (I have plenty of them there myself, I'm not criticising!) in comparison to rigorous thought provoking debate topics (well, at least some!).

There was a time where it didn't count towards your post count when you posted there as was considered the quality of the posts.
Last edited by EierVonSatan; 1 month ago
username5702009
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I get the impression that some websites have a lifespan. Think back to Friends Reunited, or before Instagram people shared photos on Flickr, for example.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.45%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.67%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (36)
16.59%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15.21%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (58)
26.73%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.35%

Watched Threads