What would you like to see from TSR?

Watch
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi all This is a thread where you can pop all your suggestions for TSR - content, aesthetics, forums related etc.! The CS and dev team are aware of this thread and I will be in regular contact with them to pass along your comments.

Practical/feasible suggestions preferred
Last edited by laurawatt; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Hi all This is a thread where you can pop all your suggestions for TSR - content, aesthetics etc.! The CS and dev team are aware of this thread and I will regularly be in contact with them to pass along your comments.

Practical/feasible suggestions preferred

night mode for the TSR app...
flaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
night mode for the TSR app...
You use the app? :headfire: respect >>
Noted
Last edited by laurawatt; 1 month ago
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could u for a day re design the site and make it pink with Gucci bags decorating the website and Prada ,Dior etc just make it less basic
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A fox emoticon.
:fox:
flaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
Could u for a day re design the site and make it pink with Gucci bags decorating the website and Prada ,Dior etc just make it less basic
Hmm not quite sure we could make that one work
Cote1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would like to see more sensitive, appropriate language used. Sometimes advice has been given here in a judgemental (sometimes even unkind) way. No offence to anyone on a personal basis intended here by me and it is not directed at any individuals. I have just seen examples of this from a number of people, including forum helpers. It is great, though, the time and help volunteers do give to people on here so I don't want to be too negative.
Last edited by Cote1; 1 month ago
flaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rufus the red)
A fox emoticon.
:fox:
Image Image :girl:
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bring back the larger square avatars
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Kill off or seriously restrict the anon feature and more stringent 'new user' checks in terms of verification/initial moderated posts etc. Things have swung way too far in favour of grey dross and genuine content just sinks. (I honestly perceive staff to have somewhat lost control)
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Relax the rules in D&CA section for more mature discussions. It's a shame that TSR can't handle mature topics and feels the need to censor everything just to appease some snowflakes that disagree with an argument or get offended by one. You have to constantly walk on eggshells when discussing LGBT+ in debates, lest you offend (or disagree with) someone. As an example, it's against the rules to disagree with biological males competing in women sports.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Cote1)
I would like to see more sensitive, appropriate language used. Sometimes advice has been given here in a judgemental (sometimes even unkind) way. No offence to anyone on a personal basis intended here by me and it is not directed at any individuals. I have just seen examples of this from a number of people, including forum helpers.
I tend to agree with you there, as I have seen some pretty savage ways of giving feedback or help..
I am sure something could be done about this.
If you ever see anything concerning from an FH, I would recommend reporting it, or directly messaging one of the Section Leaders (the Bold names in the Support Team pane, which are light blue) Who can pass on the feedback.

(Original post by StriderHort)
Kill off or seriously restrict the anon feature and more stringent 'new user' checks in terms of verification/initial moderated posts etc. Things have swung way too far in favour of grey dross and genuine content just sinks. (I honestly perceive staff to have somewhat lost control)
I have noticed before that there has been a more stringent lack of permissions for new users on TSR, as I believe its three days (to the second, I know) before a new user can Message another user. I'm sure theres other checks the systems do, but I am not privy to how those are done, I'm afraid.
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mnot)
Bring back the larger square avatars
Amen. I wonder if the page I have can bring this back.. result impending...
Rufus The Red
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
Image Image :girl:
I know mysmiley always has my back, but would it be so hard for TSR to have a fox built in for ease of use?
Additionally, I think there are enough foxes on TSR to merit a fox emoticon. :yep:
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also get rid of the Anonymous feature. It's abused and mis-used all the damn time.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Will the CT be commenting on this thread and the suggestions herein, laurawatt?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Lol, that's funny. :lol:
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
I have noticed before that there has been a more stringent lack of permissions for new users on TSR, as I believe its three days (to the second, I know) before a new user can Message another user. I'm sure theres other checks the systems do, but I am not privy to how those are done, I'm afraid.
I obv can't see the back end stuff, but the low grade troll/junkers still seem entirely capable of clogging the forums themselves with utter junk and bile and that's the public user facing bit that matters imo. Again I obv can't see PMs or their backend so I don't even know if that was it's own problem that needed particularly addressed?
Son of the Sea
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Neg rep so that we can immediately identify and shame trolls.
flaurie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Possibly not this side of results day but yes, Pink Unicorn et al. may drop in from time to time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
17.27%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.27%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.45%
I need help with my personal statement (42)
38.18%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (26)
23.64%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.82%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.36%

Watched Threads