The Student Room Group

What would you like to see from TSR?

Hi all :smile: This is a thread where you can pop all your suggestions for TSR - content, aesthetics, forums related etc.! The CS and dev team are aware of this thread and I will be in regular contact with them to pass along your comments.

Practical/feasible suggestions preferred:tongue:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurawatt
Hi all :smile: This is a thread where you can pop all your suggestions for TSR - content, aesthetics etc.! The CS and dev team are aware of this thread and I will regularly be in contact with them to pass along your comments.

Practical/feasible suggestions preferred:tongue:

night mode for the TSR app...
Original post by CaptainDuckie
night mode for the TSR app...

You use the app? :headfire: respect >>
Noted :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Could u for a day re design the site and make it pink with Gucci bags decorating the website and Prada ,Dior etc just make it less basic
A fox emoticon.
:fox:
Original post by nikkiblonsky
Could u for a day re design the site and make it pink with Gucci bags decorating the website and Prada ,Dior etc just make it less basic

Hmm not quite sure we could make that one work :wink:
Reply 6
I would like to see more sensitive, appropriate language used. Sometimes advice has been given here in a judgemental (sometimes even unkind) way. No offence to anyone on a personal basis intended here by me and it is not directed at any individuals. I have just seen examples of this from a number of people, including forum helpers. It is great, though, the time and help volunteers do give to people on here so I don't want to be too negative.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Rufus the red
A fox emoticon.
:fox:

:girl:
Bring back the larger square avatars
Kill off or seriously restrict the anon feature and more stringent 'new user' checks in terms of verification/initial moderated posts etc. Things have swung way too far in favour of grey dross and genuine content just sinks. (I honestly perceive staff to have somewhat lost control)
Original post by Cote1
I would like to see more sensitive, appropriate language used. Sometimes advice has been given here in a judgemental (sometimes even unkind) way. No offence to anyone on a personal basis intended here by me and it is not directed at any individuals. I have just seen examples of this from a number of people, including forum helpers.

I tend to agree with you there, as I have seen some pretty savage ways of giving feedback or help..
I am sure something could be done about this.
If you ever see anything concerning from an FH, I would recommend reporting it, or directly messaging one of the Section Leaders (the Bold names in the Support Team pane, which are light blue) Who can pass on the feedback.

Original post by StriderHort
Kill off or seriously restrict the anon feature and more stringent 'new user' checks in terms of verification/initial moderated posts etc. Things have swung way too far in favour of grey dross and genuine content just sinks. (I honestly perceive staff to have somewhat lost control)

I have noticed before that there has been a more stringent lack of permissions for new users on TSR, as I believe its three days (to the second, I know) before a new user can Message another user. I'm sure theres other checks the systems do, but I am not privy to how those are done, I'm afraid.
Original post by mnot
Bring back the larger square avatars

Amen. I wonder if the page I have can bring this back.. result impending...
:girl:

I know mysmiley always has my back, but would it be so hard for TSR to have a fox built in for ease of use?
Additionally, I think there are enough foxes on TSR to merit a fox emoticon. :yep:
Will the CT be commenting on this thread and the suggestions herein, @laurawatt?
Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349
I have noticed before that there has been a more stringent lack of permissions for new users on TSR, as I believe its three days (to the second, I know) before a new user can Message another user. I'm sure theres other checks the systems do, but I am not privy to how those are done, I'm afraid.

I obv can't see the back end stuff, but the low grade troll/junkers still seem entirely capable of clogging the forums themselves with utter junk and bile and that's the public user facing bit that matters imo. Again I obv can't see PMs or their backend so I don't even know if that was it's own problem that needed particularly addressed?
Neg rep so that we can immediately identify and shame trolls.
Original post by Reality Check
Will the CT be commenting on this thread and the suggestions herein, @laurawatt?

Possibly not this side of results day but yes, Pink Unicorn et al. may drop in from time to time :smile:
Possibly not this side of results day but yes, Pink Unicorn et al. may drop in from time to time :smile:

Thanks Laura :smile:
Make people have to verify their account by clicking a link in the email they sign up with. That'll make it much more tedious for trolls to make a dupe 20 seconds after they're banned.
I believe this is being looked at by a couple of the volunteers currently and will pass it on :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending