What would you like to see from TSR?

Watch
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by EierVonSatan)
Anon was almost certainly rolled out across more sections to see if it would improve the amount of posting, it was originally a trail I think. If you want to actually create a community - you need to know something about the person you are replying to. Anon should be available but only in areas of very personal issues and should be policed far more than it is currently. If there is a post you want to make elsewhere and stay anonymous, then a duplicate account is a more favourable option.
I couldn't agree with this more. The blanket rollout of Anon, and its widespread and tolerated misuse has been probably the worst thing to happen to TSR for a long time - and the consequences were entirely foreseeable to anyone with half a brain.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 months ago
PRSOM - context is so important, I agree.
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Here's a tip! You can put anon on your ignore list, makes the place much better :yes:

You can still chose to view individual posts if you need to.
Thanks but that would only (maybe) make the site better for me, not make the site better overall. Not to mention I'm nosy so even if I blocked Anon I would still be looking to see what they said
Reality Check
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Thanks but that would only (maybe) make the site better for me, not make the site better overall. Not to mention I'm nosy so even if I blocked Anon I would still be looking to see what they said
It's like an itch sometimes, isn't it?
Chronoscope
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
A feature where you can you view all just OP posts in a thread similar to the way Mumsnet does it might be helpful (especially if its a busy thread) instead of scrolling through each page trying to find the OP
Last edited by Chronoscope; 4 months ago
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
It's like an itch sometimes, isn't it?
:dontknow: I've no excuse
HaydenFordz
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by zaraharris13)
Hiya everyone, If you are between the ages of 16-24 you should check out the free Young Work App. The app provides you with amazing opportunities such as work experiences, mentorships and advice, all to make your CV the best it can be, making you more employable in the future. The app also provides its users with guidance in all different areas such as finances, health and lifestyle. To download the app use the code ZARA and be entered into our £100 voucher giveaway. You can download the Young Work app via the App Store or Google Play. If you have any questions just ask me!
Is there any point in this pointless promotion, on how to make TSR better?
EierVonSatan
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by HaydenFordz)
Is there any point in this pointless promotion, on how to make TSR better?
It's an advertiser, they're spamming it across the site.
HaydenFordz
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
It's an advertiser, they're spamming it across the site.
Banned wen
EierVonSatan
Report 4 months ago
Banned wen
Give it a couple of hours
HaydenFordz
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Give it a couple of hours
:rofl:
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
For TSR Group staff to be more involved in the community.
04MR17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by salamjakodsmka)
YESSSS`;kshvb;k`sjbv;kbjV
and the website 😃
You can switch on dark modes for your Internet browser through your device settings.
EierVonSatan
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
Agreed, at least the ones that have jobs relating to the site, they used to be from the community in large part.

It would be nice to return to a community lead site, but that's not going to happen.
Last edited by EierVonSatan; 4 months ago
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
A much firmer hand to be taken with COVID and vaccine-related misinformation. There's no debate to be had - letting people post misinformation and persuade others not to get vaccinated just endangers TSR users and their families.
RainbowLapras
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Vapordave)
:wavey:

Posting to subscribe
Cryoraptor
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Personally the relationship forum I think needs to be completely reworked, there are far to many trolls. Simple ways of sorting some of this out is having a simple ban for the ones that are talking about having incest with family and things like that. Also I understand some places need anon feature, but it isn’t needed site wide . A rework of that would be needed definitely.
To expand on this, this forum already has a filter for profanity. It should be fairly easy to make it look for terms grouped together, such as 'with sister' or 'with step-sister', or things to that effect. Or you could just have certain terms like 'incest' blacklisted on certain boards. Combine that with deactivating anon and email confirmation and it would automatically kill a lot of trolls and reduce the population to only seriously dedicated trolls, which can be dealt with much easier.

Another thing that could be done is hiring volunteers for certain boards to kill trolls faster. For instance, hiring a number of volunteering users to moderate the relationship board. I don't see why money would be an issue with this since by definition they wouldn't be paid and would be doing it because they want to improve the site.

These, along with things like negative rep, are all very common things that most forums do to maintain meaningful discussion. I don't see why it can't be done here.
04MR17
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Son of the Sea)
Trolls currently get more food by only being able to receive positive reps and quoted. If there's neg rep you can identify trolls and don't need to quote them as much because the thumbs down speak for themselves.
You don't need to quote trolls at all.
There is already a way of identifying them - use the post report button and ignore the thread.
The reason trolls keep returning is because they get attention from people replying to their threads (doesn't matter what you post, the more a thread is bumped the more people click on and read it).

Trolls don't make accounts to receive positive rep
Cryoraptor
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Noted.
EierVonSatan
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Cryoraptor)
To expand on this, this forum already has a filter for profanity. It should be fairly easy to make it look for terms grouped together, such as 'with sister' or 'with step-sister', or things to that effect. Or you could just have certain terms like 'incest' blacklisted on certain boards. Combine that with deactivating anon and email confirmation and it would automatically kill a lot of trolls and reduce the population to only seriously dedicated trolls, which can be dealt with much easier.

Another thing that could be done is hiring volunteers for certain boards to kill trolls faster. For instance, hiring a number of volunteering users to moderate the relationship board. I don't see why money would be an issue with this since by definition they wouldn't be paid and would be doing it because they want to improve the site.

These, along with things like negative rep, are all very common things that most forums do to maintain meaningful discussion. I don't see why it can't be done here.
Most of that was normal on TSR in years gone by (anon was limited to relationships).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you find most difficult about revising?

Prioritising what to revise (24)
10.21%
Remembering what was covered in lessons (7)
2.98%
Finding the time to revise (15)
6.38%
Finding the motivation (65)
27.66%
Getting distracted (43)
18.3%
Procrastination (79)
33.62%
Having the tools you need (1)
0.43%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.43%

Watched Threads