The Student Room Group

SDIP - civil service internship

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LegalTom
Hope we both get the interviews😭 I’ll keep you posted. 🙃

I got my interview!! 😭
I got my interview!! 😭

Amazing!! Is the phone interview soon or in several weeks?
Original post by StillApplying1
Amazing!! Is the phone interview soon or in several weeks?

It’s taking place in a weeks time. You had yours?
It’s taking place in a weeks time. You had yours?

Yes me too. Have you heard whether getting an interview early on means you have higher chances? Or is it totally randomized? I think they’re interviewing into January 2022. Makes me wonder if people with higher scores/profiles are interviewed first?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by StillApplying1
Yes me too. Have you heard whether getting an interview early on means you have higher chances? Or is it totally randomized? I think they’re interviewing into January 2022. Makes me wonder if people with higher scores/profiles are interviewed first?

I think it’s either random or just in order of how sooner you respond to the application, But I don’t think it means anything. Is your interview in Jan?
Just a little update! Got my interview at the end of this month!! I'm excited but honestly afraid too.
Congrats! Hope we sail through!!
(edited 2 years ago)
I applied for other civil service fast streams including the SDIP. I passed all my online tests and completed my video interview a few weeks ago. But I still haven’t got an interview date for SDIP?
Reply 29
Original post by iStudent26
Hello,

I applied for the SDIP, too, alongside 3 Fast Stream programmes. But, I haven't had to submit any information about my motivations and where I would prefer to work. Instead, I was invited to do the Work Based Scenarios and, following that, a Video Interview. It will be interesting to hear what other SDIP applicants have had to complete so far.

Same for me
Original post by iStudent26
Hello,

I applied for the SDIP, too, alongside 3 Fast Stream programmes. But, I haven't had to submit any information about my motivations and where I would prefer to work. Instead, I was invited to do the Work Based Scenarios and, following that, a Video Interview. It will be interesting to hear what other SDIP applicants have had to complete so far.

I’m thesame here applied for 2 other streams and got through to the interviews and still haven’t heard anything yet
Hey all

I did SDIP this year and just wanted to let you guys about the waiting times.

There’s often a long wait between completing one part of the application and waiting for the next. I waited about 4 months after my telephone interview before I received a offer. And then I waited another 4-5 months before I actually started in my department!

Also make the most of it, the fast pass can be very useful if you’re applying to the fast stream for 2022-23
Reply 32
Original post by nazzi_x
Hi,Do they tell you when your telephone interview will be if you are successful in the first few stages of the application process?

Hiya, after successfully completing the online tests for SDIP you are taken onto the additional information questions. If you answer these well and get through then you will be given a date and time for your telephone interview. Hope this helps!
Does anyone have any idea when you find out if you have been successful in your SDIP interview?
My friend sat his interview on Friday - portal is still just showing that the interview has been booked. Is anyone else’s the same ?
Original post by Supergstar
My friend sat his interview on Friday - portal is still just showing that the interview has been booked. Is anyone else’s the same ?

Yes, same. I was informed by the interviewer not to bother refreshing my account because it won't make the decision any faster.
Hi all,

Congratulations to those who have completed their interviews! I completed my interview last Friday but I wanted to share the timeline for my SDIP application as I know it will be useful for any future candidates who may be applying in the future. This is what my application looks like so far:

20/10/21- Completed the initial online tests.
5/11/21- Invitation to submit additional answers for two motivational questions.
03/12/21- Received an invitation for the telephone interview.
10/12/21- Completed telephone interview. (They called me 40 minutes after my scheduled slot so this is something to keep in mind).

Good luck to all those still awaiting news!
Reply 37
Hiya, I participated last year in Sdip had my interview January 10th and found out I was successful April 2nd wait times are very long so don’t be worried if you don’t hear back until around end of April. Good luck !! also I started my actual internship mid august.
Reply 38
Original post by tomsephard
Does anyone have any idea when you find out if you have been successful in your SDIP interview?

Can take 2/3 months before you find out. I completed my phone interview January the 10th 2021 and found out I was successful April 2nd 2021. Good luck !!!
Reply 39
Hi everyone, I received an offer today for a place on the SDIP! Was shocked to hear back in January (I interviewed around mid-November), anyone else had good news?

Quick Reply