AlooCurry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Lately I’ve been noticing some suspicious behaviour on my iphone. Advice of any sort would be much appreciated.

Reasons I think I’m being hacked:
- I’ll be randomly listening to a song on YouTube and it frequently pauses out of the blue. Today, it suddenly switched to another YouTube video.Pillow talk Zayn Malik good song but I DID NOT press it. Also, a random message box popped up and I SAW IT TYPING RANDOM LETTERS.
- I keep getting a notification on phone for 2 new voicemails but when I click it’s nothing.
- random numbers call me ( I have screenshots, it’s saved as a bunch of letters rather than a number)

I’m worried because I have a banking app on my phone and saved passwords.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AlooCurry)
Lately I’ve been noticing some suspicious behaviour on my iphone. Advice of any sort would be much appreciated.

Reasons I think I’m being hacked:
- I’ll be randomly listening to a song on YouTube and it frequently pauses out of the blue. Today, it suddenly switched to another YouTube video.Pillow talk Zayn Malik good song but I DID NOT press it. Also, a random message box popped up and I SAW IT TYPING RANDOM LETTERS.
- I keep getting a notification on phone for 2 new voicemails but when I click it’s nothing.
- random numbers call me ( I have screenshots, it’s saved as a bunch of letters rather than a number)

I’m worried because I have a banking app on my phone and saved passwords.
This honestly sounds worrying, behaviour that you did not do happens and random pop ups that could be created from adware. Have you run a virus scan?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If I were you, I’d delete the saved passwords and banking apps from my phone just to be on the safe side. Then, run a virus check.
AlooCurry
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
This honestly sounds worrying, behaviour that you did not do happens and random pop ups that could be created from adware. Have you run a virus scan?
Uh oh. No I haven’t, is there an app that can run that?
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Best and easiest thing to do is just to factory reset the entire iPhone. It will get rid of anything that someone might have installed to gain control of your phone.
AlooCurry
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
Best and easiest thing to do is just to factory reset the entire iPhone. It will get rid of anything that someone might have installed to gain control of your phone.
Damn will that get rid of photos and WhatsApp messages
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Damn will that get rid of photos and WhatsApp messages
Use iTunes to back up all the images and stuff and use WhatsApp to create a back up of all the messages/images/videos. Your iMessages can be backed up to iCloud or iTunes as well.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Uh oh. No I haven’t, is there an app that can run that?
Unfortunately Apple doesn't an an inbuilt antivirus because they said Apple is "almost impossible to be hacked into", you will have to manually download one. Check out one called Avira.

Or to be on the safer side you could just use the nuclear option which is the factory reset like SyedN said
Last edited by The RAR; 1 month ago
AlooCurry
Rep:
?
(Original post by The RAR)
Unfortunately Apple doesn't an an inbuilt antivirus because they said Apple is "almost impossible to be hacked into", you will have to manually download one. Check out one called Avira.

Or to be on the safer side you could just use the nuclear option which is the factory reset like SyedN said
Great. Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads