The Student Room Group

My GF is way too emotional

Hi, idk where to start here so bascially yesterday my gf and i had a very bad argument over tik tok shes always had it so i decided to download it. BIG mistake she says your just gonna look at other women etc. I have now got a new job offer at a club and now shes saying omg why hae you taken it up your just gonna work around loads of girls and shes now left my house and idk where shes gone? am in the worng
Leave her.
Have you done anything to make her so mistrustful?

She's not 'too emotional' but seems to have issues with jealousy and insecurity. You should raise it with her, if she doesn't understand tell her you can't deal with it unless she works on it. Without trust it's pointless
It's not particularly useful to just write off her feelings as her being "too emotional". That said, if you have no intention of looking at scantily clad women or hitting on girls at the club, this isn't something you should put up with, and you're not in the wrong. A lot of people develop this kind of controlling behaviour because people have cheated on them in the past and they want to make sure that won't happen again; but it really doesn't lead to a healthy relationship.

In my opinion, the best way for her to deal with that kind of old emotional trauma would be to take some time single, perform some introspection, work on herself, and develop a better attitude before getting back into a relationship. You have to be prepared to trust your partner, or a relationship basically will not work, and it doesn't seem like she's prepared to trust you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Have you done anything to make her so mistrustful?

She's not 'too emotional' but seems to have issues with jealousy and insecurity. You should raise it with her, if she doesn't understand tell her you can't deal with it unless she works on it. Without trust it's pointless

Well said.
She sounds toxic.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, idk where to start here so bascially yesterday my gf and i had a very bad argument over tik tok shes always had it so i decided to download it. BIG mistake she says your just gonna look at other women etc. I have now got a new job offer at a club and now shes saying omg why hae you taken it up your just gonna work around loads of girls and shes now left my house and idk where shes gone? am in the worng

Is she an onion
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending