Thank you
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
How do they work?
Ucas assess level 3 qualifications for their size and grade profile and work out equivalent points for each different qualification.

This offers a guide to universities on which qualifications are similar for setting their entry requirements. Most universities use this guide when setting their standard entry requirements (but often entry requirements specify specific grades or subjects or both and don’t just accept any old tariff points).
Dentaldreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ucas assess level 3 qualifications for their size and grade profile and work out equivalent points for each different qualification.

This offers a guide to universities on which qualifications are similar for setting their entry requirements. Most universities use this guide when setting their standard entry requirements (but often entry requirements specify specific grades or subjects or both and don’t just accept any old tariff points).
So are tariff points important or not?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dentaldreams)
So are tariff points important or not?
They can be - it depends on what subject you want to apply for and which universities. As well as which qualifications you’re taking.

They’re a guideline. Admissions to any degree isn’t automatic.
Dentaldreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
They can be - it depends on what subject you want to apply for and which universities. As well as which qualifications you’re taking.

They’re a guideline. Admissions to any degree isn’t automatic.
Okay, thank you
I think I just need to do some more research
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Note that not all universities use the UCAS Tariff points system - many state their standard offers in terms of A-level/IB grades (or equivalent), and will make their offers on that basis. Unless a university specifically expresses offers in terms of UCAS points, don't assume they use them!
Dentaldreams
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Note that not all universities use the UCAS Tariff points system - many state their standard offers in terms of A-level/IB grades (or equivalent), and will make their offers on that basis. Unless a university specifically expresses offers in terms of UCAS points, don't assume they use them!
Well that’s definitely useful to know!
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads