BAEcon - Accounting and Finance at University of Manchester

Watch
crazy_twist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are there any investment bankers who studied BAEcon and made it? Is the degree sought after by employers and is it a good degree to get a job in investment banking. I have an offer at University of Manchester and want to become an investment banker.
leviticus.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Raisul_Bhuiya)
I have an offer at University of Manchester and want to become an investment banker.
Never would've guessed it
anonuser99
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are there any investment bankers who studied BAEcon and made it? Is the degree sought after by employers and is it a good degree to get a job in investment banking. I have an offer at University of Manchester and want to become an investment banker.
Sought after? By IBs, no not really. Is it possible to get in? Yeah. Is it gonna be tough? Probably.

Manchester is a non-target but it's one of the better non-targets.
leviticus.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonuser99)
Sought after? By IBs, no not really. Is it possible to get in? Yeah. Is it gonna be tough? Probably.

What does tough actually mean? Needing to do more work ex/networking, generally struggling to get first rounds regardless, needing to consider alternate paths into IB more? I’m assuming it’s all of them compounded but jw to hear it from the source.
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by leviticus.)
What does tough actually mean? Needing to do more work ex/networking, generally struggling to get first rounds regardless, needing to consider alternate paths into IB more? I’m assuming it’s all of them compounded but jw to hear it from the source.
All of em except the networking cos networking is of limited use in the UK for getting IB summers.
crazy_twist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

I heard it's a semi target
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I heard it's a semi target
Well it's not. It's definitely a top non-target though. As far as I've seen there are quite a few good societies go join at UoM too. I see a fair few people from Manc get decent gigs. Similar to Leeds in that respect.
leviticus.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well it's not. It's definitely a top non-target though. As far as I've seen there are quite a few good societies go join at UoM too. I see a fair few people from Manc get decent gigs. Similar to Leeds in that respect.
alaw
>kinda confused how non-target recruiting works; if the people aren't a part of schemes like SEO/1000 black interns which can help bypass the target school thing, how do their CVs not get auto-filtered out for summers?
anonuser99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by leviticus.)
alaw
>kinda confused how non-target recruiting works; if the people aren't a part of schemes like SEO/1000 black interns which can help bypass the target school thing, how do their CVs not get auto-filtered out for summers?
Well I have no idea. You can only look at the outcome of an unknown process. All I know is that they do get through.

I imagine it's something along the lines of not throwing out an application for the school name alone lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads