apling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What can I expect to be asked to do during my driving test?

Please tell me anything and EVERYTHING that can and will come up in the test. <-- in as much detail as possible.
TheDE
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by apling)
What can I expect to be asked to do during my driving test?

Please tell me anything and EVERYTHING that can and will come up in the test. <-- in as much detail as possible.
The test will last about 35-40 minutes, 20 minutes of which will be an independent drive following either signs or a satnav. You will do 1 of 4 maneuvers and you may be required to do an emergency stop as well. The test will start by reading an declaration, then you will be asked to read a numberplate from at least 21 meters away. When you get to the car you will be asked to perform one of 12 "tell me" questions, 3 of which include lifting the bonnet up. There will be a show me question which will happen when you're on the drive. On the drive you will be asked to pull up 4 times, 1 of these times you will be asked to pull up just before a parked car, 2 of the times you will be asked to find somewhere safe to pull up, and the other time you will be asked to stop in a specific place. On occasion the examiner may override the satnav and ask you to go a different way, should they need to perform an extra stop or there has been no opportunity a maneuver or emergency stop.
The examiner may speak to you, especially if you're nervous to help you calm down. You can ask any questions as you go around but there are certain questions they aren't allowed to answer. Sometimes they may go silent or not respond, which normally means there is something else you should be focused on.

Anything that happens outside of this is at the whim of the roads, i can't tell you what the traffic will do or anything like that.
Last edited by TheDE; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads