Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So my girlfriend (I’ve been with her for years I am also a girl) sends me this message: “I just don’t want any sort of help from you at all”. (This is in relation to anything she wants to be separate from me, do things our own way). My love language is helping people, so I’m thinking maybe we aren’t as compatible as we thought we were, I have an urge to block her and move on, is this a dumb move? I feel completely rejected and drained
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sit her down and talk to her face-to-face. Why doesn't she want your help? Does she not feel.that you can do anything because of some personal trait? Don't be childish and block her straight off.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Sit her down and talk to her face-to-face. Why doesn't she want your help? Does she not feel.that you can do anything because of some personal trait? Don't be childish and block her straight off.
Thank you x
coolschmool
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I agree with what's been said above, talk to her as soon as you can, preferably in person. Especially if you've been together for years, I wouldn't advise blocking her straight away- talking is the best option, if only to get some closure on why she feels that way. Have you been feeling drained in your relationship for a long time or has it just been a recent thing?
Aarinas63
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even incompatible people can be together. And it's true that talking solves everything. If they don't work, then you should think about ending the relationship.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by coolschmool)
I agree with what's been said above, talk to her as soon as you can, preferably in person. Especially if you've been together for years, I wouldn't advise blocking her straight away- talking is the best option, if only to get some closure on why she feels that way. Have you been feeling drained in your relationship for a long time or has it just been a recent thing?
A very recent thing, we have always clicked but now I feel so drained and I think maybe it’s a plateau rn bc we have been intense for the duration of our relationship so maybe it’s flatlining a bit I don’t know but I’ll defo talk to her about it
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It seems quite drastic if you've been together for years. See what you can do about it and whether you can work through.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed