MarkCorrigan2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, for my highers, I have gotten 6 As, and I'm now doing advance higher math's, physics and mathematics of mechanics. I'm aware that the majority of universities don't require higher computing or nat 5 computing to study computer science, however could not taking higher computing science set me at a competitive disadvantage? So would it really be worth taking it as a crash higher along with 3 advance highers.
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most universities train you from the ground up how to program. personally i do software engineering at uni and with that its a bit more practical and less theoretical however in the first year you get taught all the basics starting with java. Personally i would say look into Software Engineering as it is seen as better in the job market then Computer Science
cvgk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do computer science ,computer science is more abstract and prepare you to more jobs like data science, software engineering, cyber security etc..If you want to be a coder or software engineer do computer science plus a bootcamp which teaches you front end and back end programming.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads