How to tell him (over text) that it needs to end

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey so I want to tell him that I don’t want to talk w him anymore
Idk how to tho, we are not dating dating yk we are ‘talking’ it’s like we r kind of in a relationship but don’t want to call it that so we say to ppl that we are just in the talking stage
But he’s been very distant, is always a dry texter, only texts at a time he knows I go to sleep at so he doesn’t have to talk to me that much
He’s got no sense of humour, doesn’t tell me anything abt himself and it’s been nearly 3 months since we acc started talking but that doesn’t give him a reason to not keep a decent convo going
So I can only text him for now what do I say
I don’t want to hurt his feelings but I’m just not happy w him anymore
He’s seems like different person unlike the really nice guy he acted like when we first met
BitMel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just say something like you said above such as: "hello. I'm going to be honest with you. I dont think we should continue seeing each other/ talking to each other anymore. I dont think you're the same really nice guy you used to be. Now you seem very distant and not into me anymore in multiple ways, and i'm not happy with you anymore because of that. I hope you can respect my decision. Sorry."

Its better to be honest than to bluntly tell him or overly sugar coat itso he never really knew what went wrong.
Last edited by BitMel; 1 month ago
LeafMeAlonee
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mhm, i agree with above post, you should ensure he knows what you are thinking in terms of anything progressing, just be honest with it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ty for the advice but what if he responds in a bad way or starts an argument or swearing at me again what am I meant to say to that?x
BitMel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ty for the advice but what if he responds in a bad way or starts an argument or swearing at me again what am I meant to say to that?x
If he starts arguing with you maybe tell him in specifics what he's done, if he carries on then just say look i asked you to respect my decision, you are clearly not so goodbye (and then maybe unfollow him or something for a while). Honestly this guy does not seem into you so im not expecting him to argue with you or at the most argue with you for long.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Once you've told him it's over you don't owe him anything else. Block him and don't respond to any new messages from unknown accounts for a while, in case it's him.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads