The Student Room Group

Constipated but can still poop. What do I do?

It all started when I went to my mum's birthday party. My sister had cooked food, and insisted that we try it. I went to bed needing to poop. I told myself I could hold it until the morning.

The next day I went to the toilet as soon as I woke up. It came out. But then in the afternoon I felt it again. This time I was struggling to get it out.

My doctor prescribed me laxido (a type of laxative), but they just make my belly hurt. I can poop, but I have to force it out. And then when I check by putting my finger in my butt, there's still more. A few weeks later I asked to be prescribed an enema, but the doctor refused and told me to eat more fibre 😑

I've been constipated for over 3 weeks now. I went to the hospital and they said it wasn't that bad and that they couldn't do anything. It won't end 😢 I've been eating fibre, but no matter what I put in my mouth. I'm still constipated. Everytime I think I'm no longer constipated. A few days later I find out I am. Help me!

How can I poop and still be constipated? How can I know if I'm still constipated because half the time there aren't many signs?
have you tried drinking Movicol?
Don't force anything out you'll give yourself a haemorrhoid or anal fissure and they are painful af
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
have you tried drinking Movicol?

What's that?
Original post by blob blob
What's that?

it's a bit like a laxative drink but it's more gentle so shouldn't give you bad tummy aches. You might need something more mild to ease this problem away. Also be careful what you eat, it's just about eating more fibre but avoiding things which are difficult to digest. You might even wanna try fasting for a couple of days to clear your system.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
it's a bit like a laxative drink but it's more gentle so shouldn't give you bad tummy aches. You might need something more mild to ease this problem away. Also be careful what you eat, it's just about eating more fibre but avoiding things which are difficult to digest. You might even wanna try fasting for a couple of days to clear your system.

Thanks. I will definitely consider this.
eat more food that's rich in fiber and drink more water. you can also try drinking metamucil
Reply 7
Original post by cooltowering
eat more food that's rich in fiber and drink more water. you can also try drinking metamucil

Thanks. I've been eating as much fibre as possible so hopefully it works. I'll check out metamucil.

Quick Reply

Latest