Tolive123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What kind of activities do societies put up on stalls for freshers week specifically the law society or just any society really.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tolive123)
What kind of activities do societies put up on stalls for freshers week specifically the law society or just any society really.
Hi!
During freshers week, most societies will have a stall where they will be able to give you information about the society (cost, schedules, general info, etc). They may have things they can show you that are to do with the society or things you can take away (such as a card, pen, etc).
They may also direct you towards their social media page and get you engaged with that.
Generally, the stalls are for engagement purposes and, at a later date, they will put on events and trials for freshers to try out the societies to see if they like them and would want to consider joining.
Hope this helps!
Michaela - UoP Rep
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Tolive123
I would say the Uop rep above did a pretty good job of summarising what you can expect at a freshers fair! Freshers fairs tend to be where you look around at different stalls and see what you can get involved in. This is a good time to see what oppertuntites that are on offer that may interest you. It’s a great place to ask any questions you have about a society eg how to join and how you can get involved! You also might be able to register your interest in joining or going to trials! I highly recommend going to one and if they are available taking some leaflets back home with you and looking through them! This is a good idea so you can remember which stall said what information. I also recommend you have a think about the information and think about how many societies you can fit in around your studies and other commitments!
Good luck at university
Lancaster university student ambassador Holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed