The Student Room Group

cried at blood test

i had my first blood test like 5 minutes ago. Someone tell me why i cried randomly??? Like i was nervous before going in, my eyes did water a lot and then stop but then as soon as i sat down my eyes watered so much and i choked up when she took my name and everything. I’m so embarrassed, she had to shut the door but bless she gave me a hug.

Anyways, is there any reason for this? I’m quite a confident person and i don’t cry easily. Perhaps it’s bc i’m on my period. Lord i didn’t expect that to happen.

I’m on the bus now and can’t stop sniffling, I’m on the edge of sobbing over this????
It's ok, most girls get emotional during their periods. Crying helps relieve the stresses of life, even over fairly minor things. Let it all out once you're home.
Reply 2
I had a blood test recently and ugly sobbed through the whole thing.. and I never cry around other people. Its nerve wracking ( no pun intended ) and uncomfortable to be stuck with a needle and have your blood sucked out, a few tears are understandable if you dont get your blood drawn often. Already being sensitive on your period cant have helped any either. Dont beat yourself up over it.
If it was your first blood test then absolutely well done. Fear of needles is a valid fear. I give blood and still squirm every time I have to do it etc

If you’re having a few exhausting days due to your time of the month or other factors that’s also something to consider. Have there been other things that have occurred over the past few days that may have contributed to your emotional well being? It may be worth a think about potential feelings and thoughts that you had on the lead up to it to see if you are concerned. Write anything down etc and discuss it with someone you trust if you need any other support

Hope this helps
Reply 4
Original post by urlocalinmate
It's ok, most girls get emotional during their periods. Crying helps relieve the stresses of life, even over fairly minor things. Let it all out once you're home.

Thanks for the reassurance. Psh all my tears have somehow vanished as soon as I’m home eventhough i was biting them back 10 seconds before, how odd
Reply 5
Original post by Foxehh
I had a blood test recently and ugly sobbed through the whole thing.. and I never cry around other people. Its nerve wracking ( no pun intended ) and uncomfortable to be stuck with a needle and have your blood sucked out, a few tears are understandable if you dont get your blood drawn often. Already being sensitive on your period cant have helped any either. Dont beat yourself up over it.

i’m glad i’m not alone fushfueb same here, i SNORTED😭😭but it’s done i guess. Let me just take this as a lesson to not bring anyone with me to a blood test in the future so they don’t see me ugly cry
Reply 6
Original post by AliceRoseGuy
If it was your first blood test then absolutely well done. Fear of needles is a valid fear. I give blood and still squirm every time I have to do it etc

If you’re having a few exhausting days due to your time of the month or other factors that’s also something to consider. Have there been other things that have occurred over the past few days that may have contributed to your emotional well being? It may be worth a think about potential feelings and thoughts that you had on the lead up to it to see if you are concerned. Write anything down etc and discuss it with someone you trust if you need any other support

Hope this helps

I’ve been feeling fine but yeah I defo did think about what might’ve triggered it or built up to it. My cry intensified as soon as the lady hugged me, probably because I haven’t had that sort of comfort for years now lol i guess i needed that
Reply 7
thank you all so much for the reassurance, i appreciate it. I won’t beat myself up lol, just gonna have a nap since naps after you cry hit different so i shall seize the opportunity. have a good day♥️
Aww don't worry. A similar thing happened to me less than a year ago when I randomly started crying over a test result even though it wasn't a bad score. I usually never cry (even when I'm by myself) and, like you, when my friends were hugging me I started crying harder. Something has to give I guess.
It's okay <3
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest