Ariarix
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Although Leicester is good for law, I might not necessarily go into the legal field however i don’t know if it will hold me back from getting jobs in other fields bcs it doesn’t have a high rank overall.
markmm4226
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most employers don’t care. They want to know you are a capable person, and 9/10 times which uni you went to wouldn’t affect that. You are more likely to be judged on the classification of your degree (First, Second, Third) or any examples / portfolio of work you can show. They will also be interested in whether you fit on a personal level, as well as if you have any previous experience.

The only time the name of your uni makes a difference is if you went to a place like Oxford or Cambridge - but even then, it is becoming increasingly clearer to employers than the prestige of a school does not necessarily result in the ideal candidate. I attend a university that has a certain historical element to it that many seem to associate with it being “good”, but if anything I have found it more difficult to find employment as our graduates have a reputation for not being the best qualified.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
12.57%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.19%
I need help with filling out the application form (8)
4.79%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise