University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Official University of Plymouth Applicant Thread 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Plymouth
Hi everyone!

This is a thread for University of Plymouth 2022 Applicants! :cool:

We're so excited to get to meet everyone, but until then lets get to know each other a little better!

- What course are you applying for?

- What other unis have you applied to?

- What Halls do you want to move into?

- What is the thing about Plymouth that most excites you?

:banana:

Post a bit about yourself below, or let me know if you have any questions!

Luke - University of Plymouth

Hi, I'm maddie
I've applied for children's nursing. Had an interview in January but still haven't heard anything. Rung up 6 times and each time I'm told that there's nothing on my application and that it has been passed on to someone.
Anyone else like this??
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Hi,

I am applying for Adult Nursing and already have my qualifications. I have only applied for Plymouth as I am a mature student.

Can I ask if you know when interviews for nursing are commencing or if they have already started and any tips on how I can prepare for it?
Hi everyone. I have a conditional firm offer for dental hygiene and therapy with Plymouth. (I'm retaking GCSE Maths this spring).
I would really like to talk with anyone else who is taking up their offer to do a dental related degree.
I have previously done a nursing degree at UWE also (qualifying as Health and Social Care - thats a long story).
Original post by thurstonet
Hi everyone. I have a conditional firm offer for dental hygiene and therapy with Plymouth. (I'm retaking GCSE Maths this spring).
I would really like to talk with anyone else who is taking up their offer to do a dental related degree.
I have previously done a nursing degree at UWE also (qualifying as Health and Social Care - thats a long story).

Hi thurstonet,

Congratulations on your offer! Have you tried looking at some of the dentistry pages? You might be able to find some other people applying to Plymouth on these. Good luck with your Maths GCSE and I hope you can't wait to come to Plymouth!

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
Original post by __itsjustbilly
Hiyaaaa! I'm applying for english literature.

Hi __itsjustbilly,

Happy to hear this! :smile:
Good luck with your application.
If you have any queries please do let me know.

Sumalka - University of Plymouth
Original post by thurstonet

Hey I also have a conditional firm offer for dental hygeine therapy at and equally can't seem to find others who are doing the course.
Original post by AaronT1
Hey I also have a conditional firm offer for dental hygeine therapy at and equally can't seem to find others who are doing the course.

Hey @AaronT1 and @thurstonet,

Congratulations on achieving your place here at the University of Plymouth!
There will be loads of other dental students here at Plymouth, whether you meet them online before or when you arrive. The dental school and society is one of the largest on campus so there will definitely be others in the same position as you. Have you checked out some of the freshers pages available to first year students to meet others on their course and find others living in the same accommodation as you. Here are some links to freshers pages where you can post and reply about your course or any other queries, good luck :smile::
- Freshers page 1
-
Plymouth student community
- Freshers page 2
- Plymouth dentistry society instagram
Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep:parrot:
(edited 1 year ago)
Hello @AaronT1. I can't give you a direct link as TSR get very annoyed with me - but a group is going, see "Official Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2022 Applicant Thread". page 156.
Original post by AaronT1
Hi everyone!

We're so excited to get to meet everyone, but until then lets get to know each other a little better!

Hey!

I’m Chloe,

I’ll be studying BSc Geography at Plymouth this September. Anyone else on the same course? :smile:

I’ll be commuting from home (Cornwall).
Hi everyone!

Hi, I'm Andrew!!

I have applied to do Chemistry at Plymouth (Insurance), Warwick (Firm), Keele, Birmingham and UCL! My exams haven't gone particularly well so far, so I think I will end up at Plymouth, as I received an unconditional offer from the university.

As Plymouth is my insurance choice, I don't get to pick my halls - if I don't get into my firm. I will have to wait until results day to see if there are any rooms left, which does worry me quite a bit...

I am most excited about living on the coast in Plymouth! I came for an Offer Holder Day in March and I was captivated by the craggy coast side and the beautiful city centre. I come from a much smaller city (basically a town but with city status) and thought Plymouth was perfect. Liked how close it is to Cornwall as I don't live near the coast at all and have never really been further than Somerset in the South West before. Also loved the lecturers I met for my course at the Offer Holder Day and the support at the university seems amazing. Would be happy if I came to Plymouth (as well as my firm choice of course!).

Anybody else applied for 2022 entry for Chemistry? I haven't met anybody else doing the course at Plymouth online :frown:
Original post by chloehance
Hey!

I’m Chloe,

I’ll be studying BSc Geography at Plymouth this September. Anyone else on the same course? :smile:

I’ll be commuting from home (Cornwall).

Hey @chloehance,

Congratulations on gaining your place here at The University of Plymouth!

Check out some of the Plymouth University freshers pages to connect more with your course mates for the new academic year:
- Freshers page 1
-
Freshers page 2

We're super excited to welcome you here; good luck and here's to the next adventure! :smile:

Thalia - University of Plymouth Undergraduate Student Rep :parrot:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending