What is a level 3 Apprenticeship in comparison to University?

Watch
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, pretty much what the title says. I was wondering, does a level 3 apprenticeship go up levels each year to the same equivalent qualification?
šŸ§”Hajera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ratchet ***)
Hi guys, pretty much what the title says. I was wondering, does a level 3 apprenticeship go up levels each year to the same equivalent qualification?

Level 3 is equivalent to a levels then level 4/5 is higher then level 6/7 is equivalent to a degree I think but donā€™t take my word for it
Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by šŸ§”Hajera)
Level 3 is equivalent to a levels then level 4/5 is higher then level 6/7 is equivalent to a degree I think but donā€™t take my word for it
Oh okay that makes sense, but do they go up to the highest level or is that dependant on where you go?
šŸ§”Hajera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay that makes sense, but do they go up to the highest level or is that dependant on where you go?
When u pick or apply to an apprenticeship itā€™s meant to say which level it is
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I started at level 2 then worked my way up to 3, 4, then 6.

Each level is a separate framework with its own requirements for academic study and work based competence.
You would have to progress up levels at the discretion of your employer (or apply for another vacancy elsewhere) and after successful completion of the previous level,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed