The Student Room Group

Relationship advice

Talking to a girl who going to be going to a uni in Manchester while i go to one in Liverpool so i was wondering do people think relationships with some distance can work effectively. Additionally anyone got any advice.
Reply 1
it depends on both of you putting in the effort. if you both can't deal with having little physical affection and not being able to see each other often then steer away. but if you're both serious about making it work and you feel a genuine connection try it out!
Always aim to be realistic.

Talk to her regarding this concern to get her input into it too, where both of you can voice your opinions.

Take into consideration freshers, social life, events, distance etc. There are going to be plenty of (more convenient ) options to consider. If you just met each other it will be more easier to cut her off, etc.

You both would have to successfully agree and be honest on if you’re actually that serious about each other.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Always aim to be realistic.

Talk to her regarding this concern to get her input into it too, where both of you can voice your opinions.

Take into consideration freshers, social life, events, distance etc. There are going to be plenty of (more convenient ) options to consider. If you just met each other it will be more easier to cut her off, etc.

You both would have to successfully agree and be honest on if you’re actually that serious about each other.

Thanks for the advice. we seem to get along quite well we have similar interests and vibe quite well . i will mention my concern to her though
Original post by Bowlol
Thanks for the advice. we seem to get along quite well we have similar interests and vibe quite well . i will mention my concern to her though

Always aim to look at the bigger picture.

Don’t be scared to make decisions, nor let her influence your decisions.

Also don’t forget that you might want to consider doing your school work and how you cope with distractions. Etc.

Quick Reply

Latest