Please help me…

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m a 19 year old female, my height is around 154cm tall I think that’s 5 foot not sure, but I am considered obese, my weight currently is 81.7 Kg, my ideal weight rhat is also my goal weight is to become 57Kg. One thing I have noticed is when I work out or eat less I lose weight very quickly, and I’m talking around 1-2 Kg a day. Does anyone have any efficient methods I could lose weight quickly, ideally in around 2 months?? I’ve tried the egg diet that worked but I gave up after like two days lol. If no other methods work I might resort to doing the egg diet for at least 2 weeks whilst working out but I don’t know. Please help me, also im confident and love my body but just really worried about my physical health as I am prone to risks of certain illnesses due to obesity. Thank you.
Talon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well you have shown you can lose weight, what you need to do is find a diet and exercise plan that you can keep up. This will probably take longer than two months, but you are more likely to stick with it. Start by reducing portion sizes and eliminating snacks. Without knowing about your current eating and exercise habits, it is difficult for anyone to give specific advice.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I’m a 19 year old female, my height is around 154cm tall I think that’s 5 foot not sure, but I am considered obese, my weight currently is 81.7 Kg, my ideal weight rhat is also my goal weight is to become 57Kg. One thing I have noticed is when I work out or eat less I lose weight very quickly, and I’m talking around 1-2 Kg a day. Does anyone have any efficient methods I could lose weight quickly, ideally in around 2 months?? I’ve tried the egg diet that worked but I gave up after like two days lol. If no other methods work I might resort to doing the egg diet for at least 2 weeks whilst working out but I don’t know. Please help me, also im confident and love my body but just really worried about my physical health as I am prone to risks of certain illnesses due to obesity. Thank you.
I'm going to start by prefacing that I'm not a nutritionist/dietitian or qualified health professional and it's a good idea to consult one if you are concerned about your weight as you seem to be; but as someone who has been researching, looking into losing weight efficiently and maintain it, I have found out a few things that I learned along my journey.

At the start of a new diet you lose weight quickly because it is usually water weight and your body may be shocked into a new routine. I'm not sure what the egg diet you are referring to, but if it's the one I think of, it is far too restrictive to be able to be maintained. It is unhealthy to restrict your calories too low because your body needs enough calories to function for all its baseline activities and get enough nutrients and vitamins. A deficit of 200-300 cal from the average maintenance calorie intake of 2000cal per day for a female should be enough to see results and be able to keep the diet for longer and be able to maintain your goal weight after you achieve it.

I think you should try to analyse your current eating habits. I found meal and calorie tracking to be useful at the start because I was not aware of how much I was eating or how many unnecessary calories some foods had. I also continued the the calorie counting towards the start of my diet just to get into the groove of things until I started to realise what a healthier and satisfying portion size for me was for different types of food. However, it is important not to become obsessive about this and become hyper focused. Not all calories are created equal.

One of the best ways to stay fuller for longer after a meal is to incorporate more protein into your meals as protein digests slower. Eating more vegetables and leafy greens with your meals is often a good idea as they are incredibly nutritious but because of their volume they will fill you up on fewer calories so you can easily pair them with wholewheat grains such as brown rice or toasted brown bread or baked potato wedges and a source of protein and healthy fats (I know I tended to eat far too much carbohydrate with my meals because they are not very satisfying on their own but in the volumes I was eating it quickly added many additional calories. Eating more vegetables allowed me to slow down and not overeat). The key is to make vegetables delicious. Interesting dressings for salads, various seasonings and spices for baked/steamed/roasted veggies.

It's also about moderation. Why fad diets don't often work, especially in the long run, is because by denying ourselves food or sweets etc, we tend to crave them even more and eventually cave in and eat more than if we allowed ourselves to eat something in moderation, once in a while.

I found a lot of information online and through YT channels but you have to be careful about who you choose to listen to because some people give potentially dangerous advice. Abbey Sharp is a dietitian that has a YT channel where she debunks a lot of diet culture myths and gives scientifically based health advice. Sadia Badiei is also a registered dietitian who has a YT channel called PickUpLimes and has amazing videos that I've enjoyed watching. I also love Kiana Docherty. She is not a qualified health professional but she has had a weight loss journey and a lot of her videos are based on the scientifically researched ways that helped her get healthier.

I hope any of this helped
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You shouldn't be aiming to lose weight quickly, but at a healthy, sustainable rate of up to 1kg a week, not 2kg a day!

Work out your required calorie deficit and, as above, achieve it through exercise and diet, but with proper nutrition. Don't cut out whole food groups or follow fads like the 'egg diet'. There are plenty of ways to incorporate your daily intake of carbs, protein and veg into meals, especially if you make your own.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.58%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.16%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (76)
28.36%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.54%

Watched Threads