Leighmaire98
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have just applied for SAAS as an independent student, does anyone know what documents I need to provide or if I wait till they tell me what to provide?
markmm4226
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depending on what you have applied for specifically, you may need to provide evidence of being resident in Scotland for a certain amount of time in order to be eligible for the tuition fee waiver. If you are native to Scotland that will be easy enough to prove via previous schooling and home addresses.

For things such as maintenance loans and grants, SAAS will want to know about your personal situation. If you are still connected with your parents / guardians, they may ask you to provide documents proving their incomes and any savings to calculate how much you are due as they often take into account that parents will support you financially. If you live alone / are an older student / estranged from your parents of guardians, you may need to prove your own income, your savings, or your benefits situation which will all help to determine how much you would receive.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.14%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.13%

Watched Threads