This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Admin has other jobs you know.
Im sure they do. Appointing a moderation team is a crucial task, if they havent got time to create a post, to make an announcement or even mull over some decisions then I would be deeply disappointed. In the case where A hasnt got time, then the decision is simply not taken. We wait. In no case do moderators and members take it upon themselves to start a process of appointment.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Then I believe admin needs to readdress their prioritising.
Considering that this site looses thousands of pounds a year don't you think A should concentrate on the sites that provide funding?
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
Originally Posted by Douglas
I didn't see foolfarian decline: I think he should be on the list.

I think Kondar and technik should be considered too. If time in service is an issue for some people, they don't have to vote for them.

foolfarian
Kondar
technik

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Ok, I may have misinterpreted his answer, so the list now is:

an Siarach
made in USA
Moncal
NDGAARONDI
Padfoot
psychic_satori
Wiwarin_mir
foolfarian
Wiwarin_mir, you're very accommodating, infinitely more palatable than Katie
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
If you'd read this thread, you would notice that I haven't shown any interest in being d+d mod. Read the thread, several people nominated myself. Several people nominated the other people on the list as well. That's where the list came from...posts on this thread.
You nominated yourself in the thread in the About sub-forum, I have fully read this thread and cannot see any concrete support, therefore, you have no support.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
True, it was only mad_caddie that nominated himself, so surely his was the weakest case.
Yes, I nominated myself, but if you had wasted as much time reading into what I had actually written, instead of writing the post telling me I was the "weakest case", then you would have acknowledged I have absolutely no intention of becoming moderator. I would have thought that even you could work out the sarcasm in several consecutive posts I made, clearly not though. :rolleyes:
Kondar
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What is this crap about Vienna not being eligible to be a mod??? Please tell me that you are kiddy me?! Why in the hell was she a choice on the poll if you never had any intention of making her a mod in the first place!!

In the future don’t waste my time with these so called ‘discussions’ and don’t insult my intelligence with the pretense that this is in any way a fair or open ‘process’ if the whole thing is rigged from the beginning.

This 'consolation prize' is nothing more than a weak attempt to put a nice big bow on the BS that currently exists.

Coming from a crowd that is supposed to be educated, intelligent, and elite…... this is all very pathetic and childish.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kondar)
What is this crap about Vienna not being eligible to be a mod??? Please tell me that you are kiddy me?! Why in the hell was she a choice on the poll if you never had any intention of making her a mod in the first place!!

In the future don’t waste my time with these so called ‘discussions’ and don’t insult my intelligence with the pretense that this is in any way a fair or open ‘process’ if the whole thing is rigged from the beginning.
There has been no word from A. We assume thus that the moderators in place are of his decision, and concerns and complaints directed toward that selection process await feedback. In the meantime a small number of members and mods have taken it upon themselves to try and elect a second moderator for D+D. Apart from severely undermining the original criticisms and questions in regard to the initial selection process, this is a completely unnecessary step and one that entirely discredits Corey's current position. I find that hugely disrespectful. I urge the moderators to use their influence to ask A to provide a statement in regard to the moderator positions, instead of elevating themselves to positions of admin. Until that time, Corey is the moderator here and we work with him instead of drawing up half baked ideas about second moderators, that serve only to cause more disruption.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
... this is a completely unnecessary step and one that entirely discredits Corey's current position. I find that hugely disrespectful.
LOL, interesting that.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Reply by made in the USA

Originally Posted by wiwarin_mir
Since you have been nominated for the second sub-moderator of D+D position, it is only prudent to ask if you wish to be included in the running?

I would not like to be included in the running.

This isn't an American site and I'm just happy that I can come here and present an alternative point of view, but would not really feel comfortable playing a larger role.

Since all nominees have given their answers as to whether they would accpet the position if offered (and remember even if they come first in the poll there is not a 100% possibility that they will become a mod, since A, advised by the other mods, will be making the final decision), we can now start a poll for the position of supplimentry sub mod.

To answer all of Vienna's claims that the mod will be put in place without any inpuit from A, that is quite obviously wrong, since he will be the one that will have to grant the user the priviledge of moderator and I am sure he would not do that if he did not think such a member was either qualified or a second moderator was needed.
since A will be making the final decision, it will not be as if the mods are trying to cirumvent the admin, as that would not be possible.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
we can now start a poll for the position of supplimentry sub mod.
Are you listening to yourself? A supplementary sub mod for D+D?! You can start what you like, this holds little material weight and only trivalises the genuine complaints we initially had. I would hasten to add that the majority of D+D surely do not see two moderators as being preferential to the current situation.

To answer all of Vienna's claims
You cant, A can.
MC
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

You cant, A can.
Ooooooooh, she's on fire!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Are you listening to yourself? A supplementary sub mod for D+D?! You can start what you like, this holds little material weight and only trivalises the genuine complaints we initially had. I would hasten to add that the majority of D+D surely do not see two moderators as being preferential to the current situation.

You cant, A can.
I cannot explain everything you want to know, but I can tell you what I know is the procedure.

I will not start the poll, I shall leave that to a mod, even then you will still moan.
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Kondar)

This 'consolation prize' is nothing more than a weak attempt to put a nice big bow on the BS that currently exists.

Coming from a crowd that is supposed to be educated, intelligent, and elite…... this is all very pathetic and childish.
Kondar, I'm not sure that you've read this thread in it's entirety.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t83650.html

But it seems as if there's a thinly veiled conspiracy to disbar Vienna, yet make a meager attempt at quasi democracy.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I cannot explain everything you want to know, but I can tell you what I know is the procedure.
hmm, this is cryptic. Are you telling me you know more than some of us on the forum?

I will not start the poll, I shall leave that to a mod, even then you will still moan.
Of course, because A has appointed a moderator for D+D. I maintain my disappointment in that process as do alot of people. Those people had genuine questions that will not be solved by a move of appeasement that sees a second totally unnecessary D+D mod.

Look what katy expresses here,

"Those who class themselves as D&D regulars, are obviously not happy at the choice of corey. So, in response to this, i am inviting you to go back to your D&D land and come up with your prefered choice."

That doesnt say that a second mod is REQUIRED. It says to me that "D+D isnt happy so tell us who you want and I'll make them a mod so you can stop moaning". If there is going to be a change it is because Corey is unsuitable, in which case their was an error made and he should be demodded. That isnt supported by A.

Incidentally, it is abit late for katy to be taking the opinions of D+D into consideration. We asked for this before the selection and that didnt happen. If it didnt happen for a justifiable reason and Corey is the best man for the job, then the appointment stays and we must continue with forum life, unanswered questions and all. For reasons that have still not been addressed she cut out the person that D+D wanted in the last selection process and then admits it was clear to her all along, "There didnt seem any point in putting the new list into the poll as it appeared that everyone who thought this list was one of D&D regulars wanted vienna as a mod"

so my trust for her is quite logically scraping the barrel.

Ill direct you towards your original comments in this respect,

"I empathise with you, I too did not want Corey as a mod, but since it has been done now, I feel nothing really can be done. If Corey turns out not to be of mod quality or nature, then he will be removed, but otherwise, we should give him a chance."

As much as people wish to polarise this as some retribution on my part, my response to you then stresses the consistency of my concern,

"My complaint is with the way it has been handled."

I appreciate your efforts to find some resolution and youve been very good natured about it all, but this is undermining the real criticisms that most members of D+D had of the process, by following and legitimising katy's own personal quick fix to a problem of her own making. This is not in the interests of D+D but to escape any criticism that we had, at the expense of Corey, myself, Howard and the rest of the forum(having a second mod in D+D sets a nasty precedent for other sub forums).

I would invite D+D regulars to support Corey as moderator as he has the backing of A. I would also invite them to not give any legitimacy to the selection of a second moderator.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
hmm, this is cryptic. Are you telling me you know more than some of us on the forum?
I know nothing that you do not, I am simply using common sense to decide that a mod cannot be instated without the aid of A.

Of course, because A has appointed a moderator for D+D. I maintain my disappointment in that process as do alot of people. Those people had genuine questions that will not be solved by a move of appeasement that sees a second totally unnecessary D+D mod.

Look what katy expresses here,

"Those who class themselves as D&D regulars, are obviously not happy at the choice of corey. So, in response to this, i am inviting you to go back to your D&D land and come up with your prefered choice."

That doesnt say that a second mod is REQUIRED. It says to me that "D+D isnt happy so tell us who you want and I'll make them a mod so you can stop moaning". If there is going to be a change it is because Corey is unsuitable, in which case their was an error made and he should be demodded. That isnt supported by A.
There are 2 mods of GC, why not have 2 for the more difficult task of moderating discussions, especially when 1 mod cannot be on all the time and you yourself have admitted that other mods tend to stay away from D+D

Incidentally, it is abit late for katy to be taking the opinions of D+D into consideration. We asked for this before the selection and that didnt happen. If it didnt happen for a justifiable reason and Corey is the best man for the job, then the appointment stays and we must continue with forum life, unanswered questions and all. For reasons that have still not been addressed she cut out the person that D+D wanted in the last selection process, so my trust for her is quite logically scraping the barrel.
Although I am not saying it will definitely be the case, will you trust Katie any more if A personally tells you that he found you unsuitable to be a mod?

I'll direct you towards your original comments in this respect,

"I empathise with you, I too did not want Corey as a mod, but since it has been done now, I feel nothing really can be done. If Corey turns out not to be of mod quality or nature, then he will be removed, but otherwise, we should give him a chance."

As much as people wish to polarise this as some retribution on my part, my response to you then stresses the consistency of my concern,

"My complaint is with the way it has been handled."
I to think that there should have been a seperate poll for the mods for D+D, but even if you had been leading in the poll, it might still have been the case that you were considered unsuitable.

I appreciate your efforts to find some resolution and youve been very good natured about it all, but this is undermining the real criticisms that most members of D+D had of the process, by following and legitimising katy's own personal quick fix to a problem of her own making. This is not in the interests of D+D but to escape any criticism that we had, at the expense of Corey, myself, Howard and the rest of the forum(having a second mod in D+D sets a nasty precedent for other sub forums).
I do not believe it is undermining the the points you made since the selection of the possible second mod has been very different from the one where Corey was chosen. A lot more input has gone in to make sure all of the peopel nominated were given a chance to refuse or accept their nomination, a standard set of criteria has been used to judge if they were suitable for moderation and this time any poll will be open to make sure the members can see who voted for who.

I admit that you would prefer it if you were in the running as well, but at present that is not possible especially since the mods barred you, saying that A had found you unsuitable. if this claim happens to be inccorect or they misinterpreted what A said, I expect you would be allowed to re-enter the running (if you so wished and if the second position was still being considered).
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Mad Caddie)
You nominated yourself in the thread in the About sub-forum, I have fully read this thread and cannot see any concrete support, therefore, you have no support.
I have never nominated myself for d and d moderator.
A
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yet cant post to the forum?
To make a point... I **HAVE** agreed on this new position to be looked into. Not all of us want to spend 7 days week on this forum, thus why I don't reply at weekends... or else I get a million and one PM's from people who "see me online"

That has nothing to do with anything Corey is perfect for the job. I don't see why people have to moan at every decision that is made :|

Right.. I've only posted this to put across that I have given permission for the mod's to co-ordinate this for me, as I really have more pressing matters .. i.e work =)

Cheers
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I know nothing that you do not, I am simply using common sense to decide that a mod cannot be instated without the aid of A.
I was under the impression that the 'super' mods could do this. nevertheless, in my eyes, the mods have no place in these affairs other than to offer their opinion to A. There is no word from A in this suggestion of a second mod.

There are 2 mods of GC, why not have 2 for the more difficult task of moderating discussions, especially when 1 mod cannot be on all the time and you yourself have admitted that other mods tend to stay away from D+D
i) GC is over 10 times bigger
ii) One mod was the original and only consideration, if admin or the mod team thought that traffic was too heavy they would have chosen candidates that could have dealt with this or widened it to 2 places. If Corey couldnt handle this alone a mistake was made. This 2nd moderator suggestion is entirely motivated by complaints and a wish to appease them by one moderator alone.

Although I am not saying it will definitely be the case, will you trust Katie any more if A personally tells you that he found you unsuitable to be a mod?
There is nothing to distrust. She has said I wasnt suitable, I can only accept that in her opinion, not of A's decision. She has said A found me not suitable for an idea(the 2nd mod) that he didnt even know about. Whatsmore, there has been no explanation provided to either myself, Corey or Howard in this respect. I assume that A chose the moderators based on the poll and for that I am extremely disappointed as are the rest of D+D. Those complaints are legitimate. Everything since then is of ickle_katy's doing and thus legitimising it without any input from A is a question not of mistrust but clearly illegitimacy.

I to think that there should have been a seperate poll for the mods for D+D, but even if you had been leading in the poll, it might still have been the case that you were considered unsuitable.
Possibly yes. But I would have had the support of D+D and then the whole forum. I cannot see what else there is left to which has not already been eluded. Having elected Corey on the basis of a poll you would think a second mod would be elected based on virtue of finishing second and actually holding the support of D+D as katy suggested. Thus an excuse was needed for me to be 'disregarded'. The only person to cast that decision was A, yet he was neither here or even appeared to take opinions other than the poll into consideration. Im rightly feeling rather stitched over by the personal interests of one or two people. However, this is my personal grievance and I accept A's decision and we move on. BUT, I will not accept that justified criticism of this process, from everyone on D+D, be swept under the carpet in this manner.

I do not believe it is undermining the the points you made since the selection of the possible second mod has been very different from the one where Corey was chosen. A lot more input has gone in to make sure all of the peopel nominated were given a chance to refuse or accept their nomination, a standard set of criteria has been used to judge if they were suitable for moderation and this time any poll will be open to make sure the members can see who voted for who.
This should have happened originally. Thus katy is saying that A's decision is not correct? That Corey should not be moderator because the original selection was not correct? A cannot appoint corey and then katy, faced with criticism, just tries to silence the complaints by electing a second moderator that undermines A, Corey and the entire forum.

I admit that you would prefer it if you were in the running as well, but at present that is not possible especially since the mods barred you, saying that A had found you unsuitable.
I would not prefer to run for any second moderation position. The mods barred me from an ADMINSTRATION decision. That is what I am complaining against. If they barred you in the same circumstances I would complain similarly. Moderators arent here to act as admin. Any member that is remotely interested in the welfare of TSR should see to it that those roles are kept seperate and accountable.

if this claim happens to be inccorect or they misinterpreted what A said, I expect you would be allowed to re-enter the running (if you so wished and if the second position was still being considered).
Since we dont know it is highly premature for the moderators or yourself to be suggesting polls and 2nd moderators without the knowledge or consent of A either way. Do you agree? Until then, we have to harbour our complaints and support Corey.

I appreciate your interest in this matter.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by A)
To make a point... I **HAVE** agreed on this new position to be looked into. Not all of us want to spend 7 days week on this forum, thus why I don't reply at weekends... or else I get a million and one PM's from people who "see me online"

That has nothing to do with anything Corey is perfect for the job. I don't see why people have to moan at every decision that is made :|

Right.. I've only posted this to put across that I have given permission for the mod's to co-ordinate this for me, as I really have more pressing matters .. i.e work =)

Cheers
Thank you for the clarification A, now we can get on with making the poll (by we I mean I mod).
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thank you for the clarification A, now we can get on with making the poll (by we I mean I mod).
i) Corey is a BOY.
ii) This new position appears to allude to the D+D moderation position. "To make a point... I **HAVE** agreed on this new position to be looked into..Corey is perfect for the job.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (860)
80.37%
Leave (210)
19.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed