D + D sub-mod Watch

This discussion is closed.
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
There has been no word from A. We assume thus that the moderators in place are of his decision, and concerns and complaints directed toward that selection process await feedback. In the meantime a small number of members and mods have taken it upon themselves to try and elect a second moderator for D+D. Apart from severely undermining the original criticisms and questions in regard to the initial selection process, this is a completely unnecessary step and one that entirely discredits Corey's current position. I find that hugely disrespectful. I urge the moderators to use their influence to ask A to provide a statement in regard to the moderator positions, instead of elevating themselves to positions of admin. Until that time, Corey is the moderator here and we work with him instead of drawing up half baked ideas about second moderators, that serve only to cause more disruption.
Vienna - I said before (it got deleted during sickleKaty's 'delting' frenzy) that I had seen a big change in the way you dealt with others and the change was definitely for the best.

I said you still had a 'ways to go' but I believed you were definitely getting there. I think your post above shows you are there!

Well done - keep it up
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by yawn)
Vienna - I said before (it got deleted during sickleKaty's 'delting' frenzy) that I had seen a big change in the way you dealt with others and the change was definitely for the best.

I said you still had a 'ways to go' but I believed you were definitely getting there. I think your post above shows you are there!

Well done - keep it up
erm, thanks! Apparently, others still have "issues".
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
i) Corey is a BOY.
ii) This new position appears to allude to the D+D moderation position. "To make a point... I **HAVE** agreed on this new position to be looked into..Corey is perfect for the job.
He is talking about the new position, not the one already in place, he was defending the instatement of Corey (and correcting us on her gender).
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
just to clarify: corey is a boy.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by A)
To make a point... I **HAVE** agreed on this new position to be looked into. Not all of us want to spend 7 days week on this forum, thus why I don't reply at weekends... or else I get a million and one PM's from people who "see me online"

That has nothing to do with anything Corey is perfect for the job. I don't see why people have to moan at every decision that is made :|

Right.. I've only posted this to put across that I have given permission for the mod's to co-ordinate this for me, as I really have more pressing matters .. i.e work =)

Cheers
Deeply regrettable, particuarly since there appears to be no justification for this.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
He is talking about the new position, not the one already in place, he was defending the instatement of Corey (and correcting us on her gender).
yes, i missed the original post having finished mind. apologies.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Deeply regrettable, particuarly since there appears to be no justification for this.
It might be regrettable but since you now have the admin support you so vehimantly asked for, could we now proceed?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It might be regrettable but since you now have the admin support you so vehimantly asked for, could we now proceed?
The moderators are free to make any changes they wish, this is about as legitimate as a Mugabe government. Unless real efforts are made, I for one will not recognise a second moderator.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
The moderators are free to make any changes they wish, this is about as legitimate as a Mugabe government. Unless real efforts are made, I for one will not recognise a second moderator.
I thought you would do that, even with admin support, something you insisted upon, you still refuse to recognise it's validity.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I thought you would do that, even with admin support, something you insisted upon, you still refuse to recognise it's validity.
Thats my personal decision. I will not deal with the second mod.

Im also interested to know if the second mod will be appointed based on the poll, disregarding D+D opinion as was apparently the acceptable process before.

or, whether the process is now to take into consideration D+D opinion, in which case the original process is confirmed as being flawed, undermining Corey entirely.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?

Im also interested to know if the second mod will be appointed based on the poll, disregarding D+D opinion as was apparently the acceptable process before.

or, whether the process is now to take into consideration D+D opinion, in which case the original process is confirmed as being flawed, undermining Corey entirely.
You are just never satisfied are you. A has given you what you asked for, confirmation and yet you still refuse to participate.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
me neither. theres no point to 2 moderators
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

If there is a second moderator having seen the list they will be a d and d regular they will hopefully work with Corey to moderate D and D so neither of them have to be online all the time. I think that people on this forum should support this new mod however they are chosen because there is no need to ignor them.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You are just never satisfied are you. A has given you what you asked for, confirmation and yet you still refuse to participate.
I fundamentally disagreed with the second moderator position. That hasnt changed. I additionally argued that it certainly should not go ahead without feedback from A. In this respect, he has handed over administration responsibilities to moderators, set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the forum, undermined his own selection process, undermined Corey and totally disregarded the needs of D+D. There is still no answer in regard to the participation of Howard, myself or Corey on such a poll.

So you can hold whatever poll you like, but I dont recognise it at all and I know im not alone.

One further question, since A has made no such comment in regard to who is or is not allowed to stand, would Howard and myself still not be able to be nominated and on what grounds?
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
One further question, since A has made no such comment in regard to who is or is not allowed to stand, would Howard and myself still not be able to be nominated and on what grounds?
I suggest that you contact the mods who are organising this on A's instruction to ask them if you and Howard can still stand.

Wasn't there are thread in about stating why you weren't standing. I don't personally agree with it but wasn't that the reason given.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
I fundamentally disagreed with the second moderator position. That hasnt changed. I additionally argued that it certainly should not go ahead without feedback from A. In this respect, he has handed over administration responsibilities to moderators, set a dangerous precedent for the rest of the forum, undermined his own selection process, undermined Corey and totally disregarded the needs of D+D. There is still no answer in regard to the participation of Howard, myself or Corey on such a poll.

So you can hold whatever poll you like, but I dont recognise it at all and I know im not alone.

Since there is no answer back on that, I shall take what katie said to be true, as I have with the entire second moderation issue as well.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
because there is no need to ignor them.
There is every need. As a forum we felt that we were ignored the first time, and now some cheap game of appeasement is being pushed on us for the sake of personal refusal to take criticism. In both cases, I felt there was a gross lack of competence and respect.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we had a second mod on the basis of opinion of D+D could Corey be promoted? This does not have to be instant. Besides, some of the older moderators won't have their posititions forever.
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
Confused: If Vienna and Howard are disqualified as contestants, why didn't A mention or clarify this???
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by randdom)
I suggest that you contact the mods who are organising this on A's instruction to ask them if you and Howard can still stand.

Wasn't there are thread in about stating why you weren't standing. I don't personally agree with it but wasn't that the reason given.
There has been no reason other than unsubstantiated hearsay. It is a matter of principle that moderators do not execute administrative decisions. Were I to be a legitimate candidate, A has now handed power over to someone that openly dislikes me and does not want me to be mod. On what basis is that to hold such a poll, especially when justification cannot be substantiated as coming from the original source.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads