Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    Since there is no answer back on that, I shall take what katie said to be true, as I have with the entire second moderation issue as well.
    So if its not substantiated its true? What sort of logic is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    There is every need. As a forum we felt that we were ignored the first time, and now some cheap game of appeasement is being pushed on us for the sake of personal refusal to take criticism. In both cases, I felt there was a gross lack of competence and respect.
    Even if A did come on and publicly say that you and Howard could not stand, you still would not be happy, it appears that you want A to say what you want to hear and if he does not, you moan about the validity of his comments.

ReputationRep:
    So if its not substantiated its true? What sort of logic is that?
    It is consistant logic, I cannot just change my stance on information given by mods.

ReputationRep:
    There is every need. As a forum we felt that we were ignored the first time, and now some cheap game of appeasement is being pushed on us for the sake of personal refusal to take criticism. In both cases, I felt there was a gross lack of competence and respect.
    This all may be true and you are entitlled to your oppinion on the way that this has been handdled however it won't be the fault of this new sub mod. They are not responsible for the way that they are chosen and therefore I do not think it is fair that they should be treated unfairly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If we had a second mod on the basis of opinion of D+D could Corey be promoted? This does not have to be instant. Besides, some of the older moderators won't have their posititions forever.
    Hang on, the whole point of this second mod is because ickle katy doesnt believe his appointment to be sufficient. How can we then talk about promotion to general mod if his appointment to D+D mod was brought into question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Confused: If Vienna and Howard are disqualified as contestants, why didn't A mention or clarify this???
    He did mention he supported the mods on this issue, which I assume also meant the exclusion of Howard and Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    lets make a decision eh? yes, a new mod, or no, no new mod. But racking up page after page of arguing isnt accomplishing anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    This all may be true and you are entitlled to your oppinion on the way that this has been handdled however it won't be the fault of this new sub mod. They are not responsible for the way that they are chosen and therefore I do not think it is fair that they should be treated unfairly.
    As long as the poll is unfair the appointment lacks credibility. Any candidate worth their salt should be calling for whats best for D+D not promotion of their own goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    lets make a decision eh? yes, a new mod, or no, no new mod. But racking up page after page of arguing isnt accomplishing anything.
    I say yes, Vienna has got her admin responce as she requested, so let us press ahead.

ReputationRep:
    He did mention he supported the mods on this issue, which I assume also meant the exclusion of Howard and Vienna.
    He said he let the mods coordinate the process. Whatsmore, the mods claim it was A's decision to disqualify myself and Howard. That claim is getting more and more tenuous by the minute.

ReputationRep:
    As long as the poll is unfair the appointment lacks credibility. Any candidate worth their salt should be calling for whats best for D+D not promotion of their own goals.
    I personally have no problem with a second mod and I think corey is doing a great job. I think that any of the people on that list would be good for d and d.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, the whole point of this second mod is because ickle katy doesnt believe his appointment to be sufficient. How can we then talk about promotion to general mod if his appointment to D+D mod was brought into question!
    Well, it was an attempt to get around the idea of two mods for D+D whilst in the end, having one which has the general consensus of D+D. Perhaps promotion was a wrong word, a move?

ReputationRep:
    What happened to this? "Congrats corey! I hope everyone will give him a fair shot."

ReputationRep:
    What happened to this? "Congrats corey! I hope everyone will give him a fair shot."
    I dont see at all how thats relevent. All im saying is someone needs to decide what to do already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well, it was an attempt to get around the idea of two mods for D+D whilst in the end, having one which has the general consensus of D+D. Perhaps promotion was a wrong word, a move?
    It still lacks logic and is motivated by the acceptance that an error was made. That error is trying to be swept under the carpet as a result.

ReputationRep:
    I think they were just trying to diffuse the situation and get a general consensus about what the next step should be.

ReputationRep:
    He said he let the mods coordinate the process. Whatsmore, the mods claim it was A's decision to disqualify myself and Howard. That claim is getting more and more tenuous by the minute.
    If A told us to co-operate with the mods, then let us do that, after all, it is the will of the admin.

ReputationRep:
    I dont see at all how thats relevent. All im saying is someone needs to decide what to do already.
    D+Ders say that what ever our criticism of the process, Corey was chosen by A and in the words of yourself and wirwarin mir, give him the chance in that role. We should reject a second mod. If criticism of Corey's consideration was justified, trying to elect an unecessary second mod is plainly both undermining of his position and disrespectful. I cant see how anyone standing to be second mod can claim they have the interests of D+D at heart and for those reasons, I personally will not deal with them.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, as Ickle_katie said, we have to decide who would be a suitable candidate that isn't vienna or howard.
    Oh yeh? Why not Vienna or Howard?

ReputationRep:
    If A told us to co-operate with the mods
    he didnt, he said he would let them coordinate it. I dont recognise ickle_katy's input as she has openly voided her objectivity.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.