D + D sub-mod Watch

This discussion is closed.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
And would you care to mention some of these people?
Yourself being the most obvious.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
Yourself being the most obvious.
Clearly you did not see my involvement before it was deleted by Katie so i will assure you, I was vocal in the first lot of mod elections and I am sure others can back me up on this.
I did not even say one word about myself becoming one of those nominated before anyone nominated myself, you can check the thread if you wish, so I did not try to promote myself as a potential, mod nor have I done at all.
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If he wants to appoint someone based on a thread and poll that noone supports then let him do that. I for one will only take moderation concerns through Corey. Id also look at the discussion on this thread and notice that very few people are really entertaining this. In fact, to my knowledge, those most vocally for it are those who said little about the original appointment but suddenly spring to life when there's a second position on the table. Those people arent interested in D+D anymore than GC and as a result they wont get support from me.

This asks a fundamental question: if after the disagreements of the original appointment you accept that one moderator saves face in the light of justified criticism by creating a spur of the moment second moderator position. Im not about to be bullied on a second issue, particuarly one that has no relevance to the needs of the forum.
Does any one know how Corey feels about this? The people who didn't originally talk much on the other thread don't necissaraly care less about d and d but that thread got very heated so I people stayed away.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
Are you talking about corey at the start of this sentance or the situation we now find ourselves in?
I disagreed with that appointment and the way it was handled. I feel sorry for Corey, but A has appointed him and thats the end of the matter. He is the D+D mod and I will take concerns through him. Faced with criticism, and without any such suggestion or notification from A, a second mod position is suggested to actually now take into consideration the views of D+D. That either renders Corey's position untenable by virtue of an admission of a mistake or it is a cheap appeasement ploy that should only be entertained by those looking for a quick mod job. In any case, it undermines Corey's position. I will not back a second moderator on that principle alone. If that moderators and A believe a mistake was made and they wish to appoint someone that is supported by D+D then they clearly must to do the decent thing and apologise to Corey and demod him. While that would be unfortunate, it would at least have an air of decency about it, rather than this sham we have at the moment.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
I disagreed with that appointment and the way it was handled. I feel sorry for Corey, but A has appointed him and thats the end of the matter. He is the D+D mod and I will take concerns through him. Faced with criticism, and without any such suggestion or notification from A, a second mod position is suggested to actually now take into consideration the views of D+D. That either renders Corey's position untenable by virtue of an admission of a mistake or it is a cheap appeasement ploy that should only be entertained by those looking for a quick mod job. In any case, it undermines Corey's position. I will not back a second moderator on that principle alone. If that moderators and A believe a mistake was made and they wish to appoint someone that is supported by D+D then they clearly must to do the decent thing and apologise to Corey and demod him. While that would be unfortunate, it would at least have an air of decency about it, rather than this sham we have at the moment.
Just as a little point, why do you still refer to Corey as a male when A pointed out she was female?
material breach
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Clearly you did not see my involvement before it was deleted by Katie so i will assure you, I was vocal in the first lot of mod elections and I am sure others can back me up on this.
I did not even say one word about myself becoming one of those nominated before anyone nominated myself, you can check the thread if you wish, so I did not try to promote myself as a potential, mod nor have I done at all.
Thats great, there are 361 posts on this thread, you've made 93 of them. :rolleyes:
I would go so far as to say your pretty desperate to be a mod. Dont worry theres nothing wrong in that.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Alot of that I would agree with, however I think its going to be highly irrelevant.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Speciez99)
Thats great, there are 361 posts on this thread, you've made 93 of them. :rolleyes:
I would go so far as to say your pretty desperate to be a mod. Dont worry theres nothing wrong in that.
I have been merely trying to organise things here, not try to get myself to become a mod. Have I done anything that as a nominee to make myself seem any more favourable than any of the others or allowed myself anything that the other nominees have got. I did not even nominate myself, nor did I expect to be for that matter, so it was not my goal to get modship, it was not even a thought.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have been merely trying to organise things here, not try to get myself to become a mod. Have I done anything that as a nominee to make myself seem any more favourable than any of the others or allowed myself anything that the other nominees have got. I did not even nominate myself, nor did I expect to be for that matter, so it was not my goal to get modship, it was not even a thought.
sounds like an admission to me
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by technik)
sounds like an admission to me
look through this thread, show me where I have been trying to promote myself as a mod (ie say what I would do as a mod or how I could improve things)
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Vienna, this is ridiculous. If you don't want a second mod that is fine. You don't have to talk to them. It is obvious to I supsect just about everyone that because you don't get your way no one is going to get theirs. You keep saying that no one else has the good of d+d in mind. Who the hell are you to say that you are the only one who knows what is good for this forum? There are obviously people who want a mod that they know.
A has spoken on the matter. He is for the appointment of a new mod. He hasn't answered all of your questions because he doesn't have time. He told me that one reply was all that he had time for.
So everyone has a choice. You can either follow vienna and just not vote. Or you can follow the plan and allow the members of d+d to have our say in who our mod is.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Moncal)
Vienna, this is ridiculous. If you don't want a second mod that is fine. You don't have to talk to them. It is obvious to I supsect just about everyone that because you don't get your way no one is going to get theirs. You keep saying that no one else has the good of d+d in mind. Who the hell are you to say that you are the only one who knows what is good for this forum? There are obviously people who want a mod that they know.
A has spoken on the matter. He is for the appointment of a new mod. He hasn't answered all of your questions because he doesn't have time. He told me that one reply was all that he had time for.
So everyone has a choice. You can either follow vienna and just not vote. Or you can follow the plan and allow the members of d+d to have our say in who our mod is.
All I say to that is bravo.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just as a little point, why do you still refer to Corey as a male when A pointed out she was female?
because he is male.
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
look through this thread, show me where I have been trying to promote myself as a mod (ie say what I would do as a mod or how I could improve things)
i see humour was switched off for this thread
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Vienna, this is ridiculous. If you don't want a second mod that is fine. You don't have to talk to them. It is obvious to I supsect just about everyone that because you don't get your way no one is going to get theirs.
What is my way? I was also unaware I was preventing anyone else from acting as they see fit.

You keep saying that no one else has the good of d+d in mind.
And the fabrication starts.....
If you wish to bring legitimate comments to my opinion, please have the good grace to read what you are commenting on.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by technik)
i see humour was switched off for this thread
Since when have you known me to have a sense of humour anyway?
Douglas
Report 14 years ago
He did mention he supported the mods on this issue, which I assume also meant the exclusion of Howard and Vienna.
Interesting: If he supports the mods, it implies that the mods disqualified Vienna and Howard.
Yet I'd swear that I heard Katie say tha A didn't want Vienna or Howard.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
(Original post by Douglas)
Interesting: If he supports the mods, it implies that the mods disqualified Vienna and Howard.
A has not been around all that long, therefore it is quite accpetable to assume he will ask the advice of the mods on member issues, therefore he will support their decisions.
Howard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Douglas)
What's the point of having a poll to select a moderator if two of the major canditates are excluded because (presumably) the boss personally dislikes the candidates? Why not just forget it and just have A nominate someone he likes? :rolleyes:
randdom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just thought I would say that haveng checked though the thread this is true wiwarin_mir has been nominated but atleast two people an didn't mention it until then
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (620)
80.62%
Leave (149)
19.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise